Recommendations - the perfect climate?

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Eileen Garland

Default Brooklyn yahoogroup (was Recommendations - the perfect climate?)

RTCReferee wrote:

I'm not from Brooklyn, but I'm still upset that "Brooklyn Bridge" was cancelled
after being on the air such a short time.

Never caught it, as I don't watch much TV. That's why you'll find posts
from me here all hours of the day and night; this is one of my preferred
sources of entertainment.

Eileen

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Eileen Garland

Default Recommendations - the perfect climate?

RTCReferee wrote:

Buy her some flowers anyway. :-)

Excellent idea! I adore flowers!

Eileen

Old May 14th, 2004, 12:41 AM
villa deauville

Loved the show Brooklyn Bridge

SUNNY..........Anyone here from Seagate

S'nd I
XXX

Old May 14th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Howie wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Eileen Garland wrote:

BTC/TAK on ACK wrote:

Cab drivers certainly can be a bit "crazy-making", can't they? I
don't know
much [oh, let's be honest here, I know nothing] about Lisbon's taxi
laws.
They [drivers] undoubtedly pay no attention to them anyhow... kind
of like
NYC cabbies. Trying to get a Manhattan cabbie to take you into
Brooklyn can
be maddening. (I do, by the way [and it's way too complicated a
story to get
into here] have reason to know that certain "contracts" [presumably,
even
verbal ones] there are only considered binding if in Portuguese.}

Tee hee. The way I used to get a cab to Brooklyn as a teenager was
to get IN the cab before I told the driver where I wanted to go.
This always worked.

When I was growing up in Brooklyn I didn't take cabs, just used the
bus or the subway.

Obviously, Sue, you were not a princess. Eileen, on the other hand, is
descended from true royalty, if ya know what I mean.

I only became a princess later on and boy am I making up for lost
time(grin).

sue

Old May 14th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Eileen Garland

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

I only became a princess later on and boy am I making up for lost
time(grin).

sue

Good for you, Sue!

Eileen, to the manor born

Old May 14th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Howie

villa deauville wrote:

Loved the show Brooklyn Bridge

SUNNY..........Anyone here from Seagate

Always wanted to peek into that high fallutin neighborhood on the water
in Brooklyn; but alas, I was a poor kid with no connections to the hoi
polloi.

Howie

S'nd I
XXX

Old May 14th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Howie

Nomen Nescio wrote:
Howie wrote:

I know ref, I've already received at least three other reprimands

Howie - funny that Eileen has no problem with my answer.

Can't you do any better than that, envious blowman (women, it)? Keep it
comin, dweeb. Let's have your best shot. My hands are behind my back,
and off my keyboard. No more replies. You'll have to piddle with
yourself to another's music.

Howie

Old May 15th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 14 May 2004 13:36:46 -0400, Howie
wrote:

Can't you do any better than that, envious blowman (women, it)? Keep it
comin, dweeb. Let's have your best shot. My hands are behind my back,
and off my keyboard. No more replies. You'll have to piddle with
yourself to another's music.

Howie

Oh, Howie, you are sooo virile when you are soooo inane.