Marriott Hotels

Old December 23rd, 2005, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.misc

Default Marriott Hotels

I recently stayed at the Marriott University of Arizona, Tucson Hotel.
I was not entirely happy with my stay, below is the rant that I sent
their customer service. I post it here simply to archive it to the
global net:

I arrived at my room at this hotel and found two large bottles of
Dasani water on the desk. "How thoughtful", I mused. In the desert it
is a custom to offer the weary traveller water and salt. Although a bag
of pretzels would have been great, I was happy to consume the water.
Imagine my surprise when the next day I returned to the room to find
two new bottles of water, this time with tags stating that they were $4
a piece! I then found that $8 had been added to my bill for the two
bottles I drank from the day before. After I complained to the manager
the charge was removed, but the issue remained. How sad and pathetic
this hotel must be to pull something like this. For $150+ a night I
would think that they would either 1) offer the bottled water
complimentary or 2) not have it in the room. I am also not happy with
paying $10/night for broadband, wired no less. I have stayed in
$50/night hotels with free wireless broadband. You people are the
nickel and dime experts--what a joke. Finally, what's with all the
pillows and bedclothes? I was tripping over them since there is no
where in the room to conveniently put them. I only need one pillow,
maybe two. If this is what the so-called upper crust wants in their
room then this is just sad and wrong. Again, pathetic.