Podcast of the QM2's Historic Royal Rendezvous!

Old February 27th, 2006, 09:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Podcast of the QM2's Historic Royal Rendezvous!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Cunard and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Medialink: Podcast of the Queen Mary 2's Historic `Royal Rendezvous'
with the Queen Mary

Queen Mary 2, the most expensive ocean liner ever built, made her Los
Angeles debut last week. To mark this special occasion, Cunard's
illustrious past and dynamic present came together when Queen Mary 2,
met her namesake ship, Queen Mary, in Long Beach Harbor.

At this momentous event Queen Mary 2 sailed through Long Beach Harbor,
sounding a greeting to Queen Mary, which is permanently docked in the
port of Long Beach. The first-time whistle salutation took on even
more meaning as QM2 carried one of her namesake's original whistles,
the tone of whose deep bass "A" could be heard ten miles away.

Thousands viewed the mid-day "Royal Rendezvous" of the two Queen Marys
and commemorative festivities took place onboard both ships and along
the coastal city's shores. Fireboats and a flotilla of ships, yachts
and boats, as well as a squadron of skytypers, were on hand to herald
this historic meeting. In another nod to history, skytyper Greg Stinis
returned to the skies of Long Beach harbor for a repeat overhead
performance, similar to the aerial celebration he carried out to mark
the arrival of Queen Mary in 1967.

You can reach a podcast showing this historic meeting of the Queens by
copying and pasting the following URL into your podcasting
application: http://podcaster.medialink.com/default.asp?QM2
Old February 28th, 2006, 06:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

What's Podcasting? An iPod upload file? Is there a charge? What if we
have Apple Quick Time on our computer? Can we load it then?

--Tom --- not a computer expert.

news

Old February 28th, 2006, 06:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 00:19:08 -0500, "Tom K"
wrote:

What's Podcasting?

Hi Tom,

I am going to take away your "Geek" membership card. No ipod
necessary. Your computer is all you need. Check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast