Best way to see Golden Triangle (India) sights?

Old October 26th, 2008, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
bizt

Default Best way to see Golden Triangle (India) sights?

Hi,

Im planning to do some backpacking in India and looking at the best
way to see the Golden Triangle sights. Has anyone any advice on this?

If tours are a good way to go about it, which companies are good to go
with? Is it best to book this before you arrive in India or from a
local travel shop? I was thinking that it may be cheaper if I booked
it when I arrive rather than using a UK tour operator. I like the idea
of tours, preferable one aimed towards backpackers, as its good for
meeting people. If I were on, for example, a 5 day tour its a good way
to make some new friends

Alternatively, if I decided against tours and instead arranged my own
transport how feasible is this? Are trains, rickshaws, etc worth the
hassle? This way appeals to me as you have more freedom to stroll
around at your own pace rather than stuck to a strict timetable. Would
give some consideration into a personal driver that I seen some of but
would prefer to opt for local transport as I feel it gives you a
better feel for the city and how locals travel.

Anyway any advice would be much appreciated as I really value tips
based on other travelers experience. Cheers

Burnsy
Old October 26th, 2008, 10:54 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
William Black

"bizt" wrote in message
[...]

If it's your first trip to the Third World then India is hard work.

It is not tourist friendly.

My advice would be to get a car and a driver who speaks English for your
first week or so and see where you go from there.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old October 27th, 2008, 03:16 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:23:39 -0700 (PDT), bizt
wrote:

[...]

I agree with William.

What is your budget? I did the Golden Triangle last March. I
used a driver for 5 days to go Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Delhi and
spent two days in Delhi without the driver.

The driver, with car, cost about 13,000 INR including tip; I
was generous, he was a good driver.

You could do it cheaper by train, but I can't advise on
that. I certainly would NOT advise renting your own car,
read this to see why:
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008...ian-roads.html

If you want a recommendation on drivers, try
www.indiamike.com or contact me direct via the blog
comments.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Two Indian Hotels: to Sleep, Perchance...
Old October 27th, 2008, 06:46 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Alan S says...

What is your budget? I did the Golden Triangle last March. I
used a driver for 5 days to go Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Delhi and
spent two days in Delhi without the driver.

And I thought the golden triangle was the area in KL between Bukit
Bintang and Chinatown ;-)
--

Alfred Molon
Old October 27th, 2008, 09:08 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
In article , Alan S says...

What is your budget? I did the Golden Triangle last March. I
used a driver for 5 days to go Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Delhi and
spent two days in Delhi without the driver.

And I thought the golden triangle was the area in KL between Bukit
Bintang and Chinatown ;-)
--

For us drug traffickers, the region bordering to Thailand, Myanmar and Laos
is the Golden triangle.

Old October 27th, 2008, 09:27 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:08:37 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
ws.com...
In article , Alan S says...

What is your budget? I did the Golden Triangle last March. I
used a driver for 5 days to go Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Delhi and
spent two days in Delhi without the driver.

And I thought the golden triangle was the area in KL between Bukit
Bintang and Chinatown ;-)
--

For us drug traffickers, the region bordering to Thailand, Myanmar and Laos
is the Golden triangle.

I didn't realise you were a drug trafficker as well as a
homophobe. Do you have any other admissions to startle us
with?

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old October 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"Alan S" kirjoitti
om...
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:08:37 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
ews.com...
In article , Alan S says...

What is your budget? I did the Golden Triangle last March. I
used a driver for 5 days to go Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Delhi and
spent two days in Delhi without the driver.

And I thought the golden triangle was the area in KL between Bukit
Bintang and Chinatown ;-)
--

For us drug traffickers, the region bordering to Thailand, Myanmar and
Laos
is the Golden triangle.

I didn't realise you were a drug trafficker as well as a
homophobe. Do you have any other admissions to startle us
with?

Triangle is a symbol typically associated on homosexuality. For me the idea
is a bit strange but so be it. A few years back I spent a few hours in
Amsterdam. I decided to visit a homo monument. If I recall it right it was a
kind of triangle embankment by a canal. Once an American reverend was
furious about seeing one of the teletubbies on telly. He is all purple and
has a triangle aerial on his head. Our zealot and son of the Inquisition
found that a clear sign of homosexuality. A TV programme for children
showing Sodom and Gomorrah week after another. Brimstone! Brimstone!
Brimstone!

I agree: the righteous clergyman has many, many bolts loose in his head.

Old October 28th, 2008, 07:50 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
LarbGai

On Oct 27, 11:02*pm, "Markku Grönroos" wrote:
"Alan S" kirjoitti
om...

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:08:37 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
ews.com...
In article , Alan S says....

[...]

I agree: the righteous clergyman has many, many bolts loose in his head.- Hide quoted text -

*********ROTFLMAO................You really have a thing for
homosexuals don't you Markku???

So much in fact I believe that you are really one yourself.

Don't be shy old bean...........................Come out.
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:27 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Deckard

wrote:

For us drug traffickers, the region bordering to Thailand, Myanmar and Laos
is the Golden triangle.

I didn't realise you were a drug trafficker as well as a
homophobe. Do you have any other admissions to startle us
with?

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Two Indian Hotels: to Sleep, Perchance...

Uhu!
Let MarKKKu think he is the indisputable rta's expert in perverts,
homosexuals and Ubermenschen.
I cannot imagine any other reason why he keeps posting here!

:-o
Mort