backpacking and worries about drugs

Old August 13th, 2004, 10:41 AM
chilly

Default backpacking and worries about drugs

"flyinyereye" wrote in message
"me" wrote in message
Would not worry too much about all that. I'd get a backpack though
without a million pockets on the outside. Get one with a zipper all
around that you can lock. Don't carry too much crap so you can keep an
eye on it more easily. Avoid the cheapest dodgy dorms.

You'll be fine, don't worry.

I agree with the others. I doubt you need to worry that much; theft is
probably a more realistic concern. However, if you really want to be sure
then you could always buy one of those flexible wire-mesh bags that you

lock
your backpack into.

Stahlsack has such a thing. Probably a good idea if you'll be staying in
hostels and such.

Old August 13th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Markku Grönroos

Michael Christoffersen kirjoitti:

However, in order to make you feel better, be sure to examine your backpack
properly prior to boarding an international flight. That is the time where
you most likely would get into trouble in case someone had planted illegal
substances in your backpack.

You follow this procedure yourself ? What do you expect to find then ?

Old August 13th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Markku Grönroos

Miguel Cruz kirjoitti:

nina_qw wrote:

I'm gonna be backpacking in Asia and I'm worried that someone might
put drugs in my backpack and I'll get in trouble.. How possible is
that (if I take good care of my backpack)? There are many pockets in
my backpack, so should I padlock them all, tape them shut, or what?
What precautions have you guys taken and have you had any trouble?

This is really rare (does it ever happen?). I think it should be pretty low
on your list of worries.

Perhaps the most valuable single item in my bag is a pair of hiking
boots (if I am not wearing them). Otherwise it is stuffed by - dirty and
clean - shirts, underwear, a pair of trousers and shorts, lots of socks
and such things. That wouldn't be anyhow critical loss. Actually, I
could claim it all for full value by my insurance policy. I suspect that
long time ago a tube of tooth paste was stolen while I was taking a
shower in a youth hostel in Amsterdam. At least I couldn't find it anywhere.

Old August 13th, 2004, 05:02 PM
PeterL

"nina_qw" wrote in message
om...
Hi!
I'm gonna be backpacking in Asia and I'm worried that someone might
put drugs in my backpack and I'll get in trouble.. How possible is
that (if I take good care of my backpack)? There are many pockets in
my backpack, so should I padlock them all, tape them shut, or what?
What precautions have you guys taken and have you had any trouble?

Why would someone put drugs in your pack? Have you offended people? Do
they have too much drugs and want to get rid of some?

Old August 14th, 2004, 01:12 AM
bogus address

I'm gonna be backpacking in Asia and I'm worried that someone might
put drugs in my backpack and I'll get in trouble.. How possible is
that (if I take good care of my backpack)? There are many pockets in
my backpack, so should I padlock them all, tape them shut, or what?
What precautions have you guys taken and have you had any trouble?

The more technically clued-up malefactors will knock you unconscious
with hyoscine to induce amnesia and pack your anus or vagina full of
drugs sealed in condoms. When in south-east Asia you should always
travel with an intrusion alarm fitted to these orifices and digitally
inspect them before entering the airport terminal.

======== Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce ========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.