backpacking and worries about drugs

Old August 14th, 2004, 05:48 AM
LeisureMan

Default backpacking and worries about drugs

nina_qw wrote:

Hi!
I'm gonna be backpacking in Asia and I'm worried that someone might
put drugs in my backpack and I'll get in trouble.. How possible is
that (if I take good care of my backpack)? There are many pockets in
my backpack, so should I padlock them all, tape them shut, or what?
What precautions have you guys taken and have you had any trouble?

Backpacking in Asis --- well China ' s has a population of over a
billion and
India close to same number;

I guess it is better you stay home :-)

Old August 14th, 2004, 07:54 AM
EAC

(nina_qw) wrote in message . com...
Hi!
I'm gonna be backpacking in Asia and I'm worried that someone might
put drugs in my backpack and I'll get in trouble..

Well... Not just drugs, it could be anything, it can be an explosive,
a rat, a meat, a rat meat, an envelope full of Anthrax with a letter
written in English and an American dating system, whale meat, a rhino
horn, a C.D. full of list of Al-Qaida members, a C.D. full of list of
Mossad members, and so on.

It should be noted that the same thing could happen anywhere, even if
you are returning back home.

How possible is that (if I take good care of my backpack)?

Easy, the person can just easily sneak it in when you're not looking
or off guard.

There are many pockets in my backpack,
so should I padlock them all, tape them shut, or what?

Maybe you should get a backpack with the pockets inside the backpack
or no pockets at all? That way all you need is just one padlock.

But if you can't, maybe you just need to put some your extra items in
your (like water, snack, and so on) or not anything at all in your
backpack pockets and all of your necessary ITEMS inside your backpack.

And always avoid crowds or close contact with any person.

It should be noted though that you should NOT ever put your
identification papers inside your backpack!

What precautions have you guys taken and have you had any trouble?

Check what you got before entering immigrations or inspections, and if
you find anything that wasn't yours, just report it to the lost and
found section if it wasn't a prohibited item, or if you affraid that
you might be accused of owning a prohibited item just dump it at the
trash can.

The security camera or a security guard might notice you though if you
dump something at the trash can, but... if you do it unsuspiciously
and carefully, they might not bother to inspect the trash can, and
even if they did (assuming the trash can blew up), you will already be
long gone anyway.

It should be noted that in addition of guarding so that people won't
put things inside your backpack without you noticing it, you also need
to guard so that people won't take things out of your backpack without
you noticing it.

Old August 14th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Alfred Molon

Did it occur to you that this could be a troll ?

--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Budapest and
Portugal

Old August 14th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Mort

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:26:50 +0200, "Michael Christoffersen"
wrote:

"nina_qw" wrote in message
. com...
Hi!
I'm gonna be backpacking in Asia and I'm worried that someone might
put drugs in my backpack and I'll get in trouble.. How possible is
that (if I take good care of my backpack)? There are many pockets in
my backpack, so should I padlock them all, tape them shut, or what?
What precautions have you guys taken and have you had any trouble?

Hi Nina

None whatsoever.

However, in order to make you feel better, be sure to examine your backpack
properly prior to boarding an international flight. That is the time where
you most likely would get into trouble in case someone had planted illegal
substances in your backpack.

Cheers
Michael Christoffersen

Yeap!
In some guesthouses too, especially if you have met these sooo
charming new friends or sometimes after a bus trip.

Regards,
Mort

Old August 14th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Michael Christoffersen

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
Michael Christoffersen kirjoitti:

However, in order to make you feel better, be sure to examine your

backpack
properly prior to boarding an international flight. That is the time

where
you most likely would get into trouble in case someone had planted

illegal
substances in your backpack.

You follow this procedure yourself ? What do you expect to find then ?

Hi Markku,

Nope, never did.