Kansas

Old August 17th, 2004, 01:05 AM

Default Kansas

I will be driving through Kansas in a few weeks on I 70 and was
wondering if anyone knew of any interesting places to stop along the
way.

Old August 17th, 2004, 01:24 AM
PeterL

wrote in message
I will be driving through Kansas in a few weeks on I 70 and was
wondering if anyone knew of any interesting places to stop along the
way.

Colorado.

Old August 17th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Roger B.

wrote...
I will be driving through Kansas in a few weeks on I 70 and
was wondering if anyone knew of any interesting places to
stop along the way.

My experience was that the /only/ interesting thing you are likely
to see will be /the/ other car you play tag with on your way from
one end to the other. Oh, yeah, and the stop for gas. You have
my sympathies. [R]

Old August 17th, 2004, 02:50 AM

Oh come on, it can't be that bad.

Old August 17th, 2004, 02:50 AM

Oh come on, it can't be that bad.

Old August 17th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Frank F. Matthews

It isn't. As with most parts of the US Kansas is dotted with small and
sometimes weird sites. A couple that come to mind are a museum in
Salina that has a reconstruction of a sod house and a place a bit east
of Hays that is an old pony express station moved to a city park.

Kansas is moderately rolling hills (remember I'm from Houston) and a
great deal of farm land. There are interesting stops though.

wrote:

Oh come on, it can't be that bad.