Best website or travel agent for American Airlines tix?

Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:14 AM
mrtravel

Default Best website or travel agent for American Airlines tix?

Mike wrote:
Cheapfares? Isn't that the spammer who won't quote prices until after
you pay to join?

No.. but you could easily have checked this by going to
http://www.cheapfares.com

Old September 24th, 2003, 12:09 PM
david

Bear in mind that AA will not give FF miles for tickets bought on
Orbitz, etc, nor for some tickets from Travelocity and Expedia:
another reason for buying from the AA website once you have found the
flights with lowest fares.

I lost out on this one: I bought three round-trip transatlantic
tickets from an agent, and have now found out that AA considers them
consolidated fares and so will not give any miles.

Dairenn Lombard wrote in message ...
Clark W. Griswold, Jr. wrote:

I was surprised to get a substantially cheaper fare from Travelocity for an AA
flight than AA's own web site. Even with Travelocity's $5 surcharge.

While aa.com's search tool is better than most airlines, travelocity.com and
even expedia.com (when they had that Fare Calendar) ends up being very helpful.
Here's what you do...

Old September 24th, 2003, 06:19 PM
mrtravel

david wrote:

Bear in mind that AA will not give FF miles for tickets bought on
Orbitz, etc, nor for some tickets from Travelocity and Expedia:
another reason for buying from the AA website once you have found the
flights with lowest fares.

I lost out on this one: I bought three round-trip transatlantic
tickets from an agent, and have now found out that AA considers them
consolidated fares and so will not give any miles.

How did you buy these tickets? What site? Was it through the normal
reservation screen or through some other method?
I have bought regular tickets on Orbitz, Travelocity, and Expedia and
have gotten FF miles for AA and others. I don't buy many AA tickets
there anymore because AA gives you a 1000 mi bonus for booking on AA.com.