Hamilton, ON --> YYZ

Old June 27th, 2005, 07:38 PM
gman99

If there were a subway from downtown to Toronto to Pearson Intl., which there
is not, it would involve several different modes of land transport, multiple
transfers and multiple fares. By the time the OP gets to the GO station he is
already 1/3 of the way to Pearson Intl. I would imagine that travelling with
two children that you, the fastest mode with the fewest connections would be
the best.

Hmmmmmm...guess it was a long while ago...don't even remember the bus
part...

http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/service_to_airport.htm

Old June 27th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Kirįly

Dave Smith wrote:
Yes, it probably would be cheaper to rent a car for the day, pick it up at
Hamilton and drop it at Pearson Intl. You can rent a compact car for under $50
( plus taxes and other car rental gouges). If there is a mile cap on daily
rentals, it is only about 80-90 km and on a compact model that would be maybe
7-8 litters. It's fairly easy to get from Hamilton International to Pearson,
but better to swing west to Hwy. 403 than to try to manoeuvre through Hamilton
where there are a lot of one ways streets and heavy traffic.

I just realized (duh!) that I'm also going to have to rent car seats for
the kids as well, and pay for any one-way charges for those as well. Here
in BC kids can travel in taxis without car seats, but not rental cars.
I imagine it's the same in Ontario. If kids need car seats for taxis
too then I think both options are bad, safety issues aside.

K.
Old June 27th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Kirįly

gman99 wrote:
Kirįly wrote:
Is there any easy way to get from downtown Hamilton to Pearson
International Airport, other than by private car? What public transport
options are available?

We're a family of four (two kids, both under 3 years old), with no car,
but with luggage for all of us for a 6-week trip. Just wondering
what non-car transport is possible, or if we should spring for a
cab. 1-way auto rental is another option but I can't see it costing less
than a cab.

Take the GO-Train to DT Toronto then take the subway from there...

Thanks for the suggestion. I can get a shuttle bus for our family of four
from downtown Hamilton to YYZ for $98, which seems expensive. A cab may be
cheaper, but we will have no car seats for the kids.

I also found a family fare of $30 from downtown Toronto to YYZ with this
company: www.torontoairportexpress.com. I think we'll take the GO train
from Hamilton to Toronto, and then take this service to the airport. That
seems like the most cost effective and easiest for us.

Thanks to all who helped.
Old June 27th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Dave Smith

Kir=E1ly wrote:

I just realized (duh!) that I'm also going to have to rent car seats fo=

the kids as well, and pay for any one-way charges for those as well. H=

ere
in BC kids can travel in taxis without car seats, but not rental cars.
I imagine it's the same in Ontario. If kids need car seats for taxis
too then I think both options are bad, safety issues aside.

No. You do not have to have special seats for the kids. You are exempt fr=
om requiring
kids to be belted in special car seats if the car is subject to a short t=
erm lease.

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/R...h/900613_e.htm

Old June 28th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Vilmis

IiJLaXLhbHkiIiA8c3BAbS5zdWNrcy5lbWFpbC5pbnZhbGlkPi B3cm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlIG5l
d3M6dU5ZdmUuOTY4MDQkOUEyLjY2MTc0QGVkdG5wczg5Li4uDQ o+IEkgYWxzbyBmb3VuZCBhIGZh
bWlseSBmYXJlIG9mICQzMCBmcm9tIGRvd250b3duIFRvcm9udG 8gdG8gWVlaIHdpdGggdGhpcyAN
Cj4gY29tcGFueTogd3d3LnRvcm9udG9haXJwb3J0ZXhwcmVzcy 5jb20uICBJIHRoaW5rIHdlJ2xs
IHRha2UgdGhlIEdPIHRyYWluIA0KPiBmcm9tIEhhbWlsdG9uIH RvIFRvcm9udG8sIGFuZCB0aGVu
IHRha2UgdGhpcyBzZXJ2aWNlIHRvIHRoZSBhaXJwb3J0LiAgVG hhdCANCj4gc2VlbXMgbGlrZSB0
aGUgbW9zdCBjb3N0IGVmZmVjdGl2ZSBhbmQgZWFzaWVzdCBmb3 IgdXMuDQoNCk9uIGF2aXMuY29t
IG9uZSB3YXkgWUhNLVlZWiBjb21wYWN0IGNhciByZW50YWwgY2 9zdCA1M0NBRA==

Old June 30th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Norm Soley

lid (Kirįly) wrote in

Thanks for the suggestion. I can get a shuttle bus for our family of
four from downtown Hamilton to YYZ for $98, which seems expensive. A
cab may be cheaper,

I doubt it, remember that once your cab leaves Hamilton you have to pay
fare for the driver to return back empty as they are not allowed to pick up
passengers at YYZ.

but we will have no car seats for the kids.

I also found a family fare of $30 from downtown Toronto to YYZ with
this company:
www.torontoairportexpress.com. I think we'll take the
GO train from Hamilton to Toronto, and then take this service to the
airport. That seems like the most cost effective and easiest for us.

You can pick up the Airport Express bus at the Royal York Hotel which is
across the street from the Union GO station.

Keep in mind that the GO trains are commuter trains, crowded in rush hour,
with no luggage racks etc. If I were you I would go for the shuttle bus.
Old June 30th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Kirįly

Vilmis wrote:

On avis.com one way YHM-YYZ compact car rental cost 53CAD

Yeah, you're right! I just reserved it myself... Pontiac Grand
Am, pickup at YHM at 9:00am, dropoff at YYZ at 10:00pm, plus 2 kids' car
seats, total including taxes was only CAD$54.75. This plan also gives us
the whole day with a car to take a side trip to Toronto to visit some
friends we otherwise wouldn't have been able to see.

I never would have thunk it would be that cheap. Thanks for the pointer!

K.
Old July 1st, 2005, 06:47 PM
Vilmis

IiJLaXLDoWx5IiIgPHNwQG0uc3Vja3MuZW1haWwuaW52YWxpZD 4gd3JvdGUNCj4gSSBuZXZlciB3
b3VsZCBoYXZlIHRodW5rIGl0IHdvdWxkIGJlIHRoYXQgY2hlYX AuICBUaGFua3MgZm9yIHRoZSBw
b2ludGVyIQ0KDQpJIHRoaW5rIGl0J3MgYmVjYXVzZSA3MGttIG lzIHRvbyBzaG9ydCBmb3IgYWRk
aXRpb25hbCBvbmUgd2F5IGNoYXJnZS4NCkhhdmUgYSBnb29kIG RheSBpbiBUb3JvbnRvIDop