B & B near St. Marco. Venice.. anyone know ReASONABLE PLACE TO STAY

Old January 6th, 2004, 04:25 PM
marv

Default B & B near St. Marco. Venice.. anyone know ReASONABLE PLACE TO STAY

B & B near St. Marco. Venice.. anyone know ReASONABLE PLACE TO STAY

send answer please to
Old January 7th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Bob Fusillo

What is meant by Reasonable? How long will you be there? What time of year?
If you are there a week, rent a flat. If less, reasoble for Venice, and
fairly cheap by S. Marco standards, figure $100 u.s. now, 140 to 160 later.
But --- there are much cheaper places near the train station. There are
hundreds of hotels in Venice -- cruise the web. But at this time of year
just go there and hit the hotel booking people at the train or bus station.
They will find you something at your price level.
rjf

m...

Old January 7th, 2004, 08:17 AM
B Vaughan

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:37:06 GMT, "Bob Fusillo"
wrote:

What is meant by Reasonable? How long will you be there? What time of year?
If you are there a week, rent a flat. If less, reasoble for Venice, and
fairly cheap by S. Marco standards, figure $100 u.s. now, 140 to 160 later.
But --- there are much cheaper places near the train station.

Let's Go has a list of lots of cheap lodgings in Venice. I have used
it to find lodgings and was satisfied. I stayed at a place called the
Minerva, near the station, which wasn't anywhere near my first choice
but was the only place that would rent me a room for one night at the
last minute during Carnival. It was perfectly satisfactory, but there
were other places listed in Let's Go that sounded nicer.
-----------
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old January 7th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Nisarg Sutaria

Ostello Venezia - Fondamenta delle zitelle 86 (only for HI members but
you can buy membership there)

Ostello Santa Fosca -

Nisarg

Old January 8th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Bob Fusillo

See my note to Merri Ann above, about the Bucintoro. I stayed there
regularly for twenty years, til I got my own flat.
rj

m...

Old January 11th, 2004, 09:04 AM
valeria putzu