leaving cruise early

Old January 24th, 2010, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tippi

Default leaving cruise early

Just another idea, more for curiosities sake. What if we try the
cruise the other way, so instead of boarding in Miami, he boards in
Jamaica? no other US ports on the trip.
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 1/24/2010 5:33 PM, Tippi wrote:
Just another idea, more for curiosities sake. What if we try the
cruise the other way, so instead of boarding in Miami, he boards in
Jamaica? no other US ports on the trip.

Are you suggesting he take a cruise that starts in Miami but
intentionally miss the ship and pick it up at the first port? I doubt
that will work either since they will still have to clear him with the
TSA and I would not expect them to take him later on if TSA says no.

I think this person's only choice is a cruise that does not hit any US
ports. BTW, what exactly is the problem? Is it even something that the
TSA would have on their radar or is it a situation where there are
non-TSA related legal issues?

Bill
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tippi

I think this person's only choice is a cruise that does not hit any US
ports. BTW, what exactly is the problem? Is it even something that the
TSA would have on their radar or is it a situation where there are
non-TSA related legal issues?

Sorry, don't know what the TSA is. Perhaps we can find out from them
if he would have an issue?

Old January 25th, 2010, 03:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Jan 24, 11:59*pm, Tippi wrote:

Sorry, don't know what the TSA is. Perhaps we can find out from them
if he would have an issue?

http://www.tsa.gov/

The authority that screens passengers as they (re)enter the US and
presumably provide the cruise lines with a "do not board" list after
reviewing the passenger manifest.

Warren
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carolyn G

I think you can leave early as my dtr. and her husband left Ft.
Lauderdale, went thru Panama Canal and got off in San Diego as they
wanted to spend a few days there. The ship went on to Seattle.
Recently I was on the Oasis of the Seas and a number of people got on in
St. Thomas which was the first port of call.
Certainly it has to be booked in advance. Check with your travel agent
or the cruiseline directly.

Old January 28th, 2010, 05:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_6_]

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 05:56:25 -0500, Lee wrote:

to Vancouver. (they may have then back tracked to Seattle to fly home)

...probably stopped someplace like Aruba on the way to the canal.

The deep ocean stop allows for the drop of in San Diego, but to allow
a second drop off in Seattle requires more than a trip to Vancouver
Island on Encinada, thus my speculation that the San diego Northward
journey was actually a trip to Canada with a bus transfer to Seattle
to explain how they could come back from Seattle without getting off
the ship there.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com