Scuba Options At Cruise Ship Ports Of Call

Old January 25th, 2010, 07:17 AM posted to rec.scuba,rec.travel.cruises
Tim McDonough

Default Scuba Options At Cruise Ship Ports Of Call

Tim McDonough writes:

Tim McDonough writes:

My wife and I will be taking an 18 day cruise (on HAL's ms Statendam)
through the Panama Canal (FLL to SAN).

For others who might be interested, I've been able to make direct diving
reservations with the following companies in the following ports:

* Mayaguez, Puerto Rico (December 24th)
http://www.monaaquatics.com/

* Santa Marta, Columbia (December 26th)
http://www.poseidondivecenter.com/

* Acapulco, Mexico (January 2nd)
http://www.swissdivers.com/

* Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico (January 3rd)
http://www.zihuatanejodivecenter.com/

* Mazatlan, Mexico (January 5th)
http://www.mazatlantours.org/mazatlan-scuba-diving.htm

* Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (January 6th)
http://www.amigosdelmar.com/

I finally got all the pictures (above water and underwater) selected,
corrected, uploaded and captioned, and a pass at tagging done.

Enjoy!

Holiday Cruise 2009/2010 (Part 1)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10315&id=1705670572&l=3fdc3334e2

Holiday Cruise 2009/2010 (Part 2)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10318&id=1705670572&l=68d48287f9

Holiday Cruise 2009/2010 (Part 3)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10319&id=1705670572&l=1834cae94f

Holiday Cruise 2009/2010 (Part 4)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10324&id=1705670572&l=c920ca5c5c

-Tim
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:53 PM posted to rec.scuba,rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tim McDonough
wrote:

I finally got all the pictures (above water and underwater) selected,
corrected, uploaded and captioned, and a pass at tagging done.

Enjoy!

Those are great. Thank you for posting the links.

--
Charles
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:51 AM posted to rec.scuba,rec.travel.cruises
ray

Dan Bracuk wrote:
What's the orange spot on this one?
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?pa...&id=1705670572

These pictures look like they were available light and that looks like a
flashlight. It is also there in the previous picture. Probably someone
pointing out something to the photog.

--

Ray
=======================
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM posted to rec.scuba,rec.travel.cruises
Tim McDonough

In article Dan Bracuk writes:
On 24 Jan 2010 23:17:47 -0800, (Tim McDonough) wrote:

Tim McDonough writes:

I finally got all the pictures (above water and underwater) selected,
corrected, uploaded and captioned, and a pass at tagging done.

Enjoy!

Holiday Cruise 2009/2010 (Part 1)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10315&id=1705670572&l=3fdc3334e2

What's the orange spot on this one?
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?pa...&id=1705670572

That is where a dive light was shining on the object as I took a picture of
it. It made the white balance(?) be out of whack for that part of the
picture.

-Tim
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Tim McDonough wrote:

That is where a dive light was shining on the object as I took a
picture of
it. It made the white balance(?) be out of whack for that part of the
picture.

What kind of camera did you use underwater?

--
Charles
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:58 PM posted to rec.scuba,rec.travel.cruises
Tim McDonough

In article ray writes:
Dan Bracuk wrote:
What's the orange spot on this one?
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?pa...&id=1705670572

These pictures look like they were available light and that looks like a
flashlight. It is also there in the previous picture. Probably someone
pointing out something to the photog.

Yes, that exactly it! This was our first trip with a new camera (and my wife
and I are also new to underwater photography).

We purchased a Olympus Refurbished FE-360 Digital Camera and the PT-044
housing as a combo via
http://www.backscatter.com/HostedStore.LassoApp?-ResponseLassoApp=detail.lasso&ID=1d1de0ce5ff33e48c fb20ea4d3eedd72&s2op=cn&s2=Photo&s3op=cn&s3=Camera s
for $179.99 which seemed like a good deal for an entry level model to play
with and provide some record of what we saw.

I did some color correction is photoshop via the actions described/available
from
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1042430
or
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-190931.html and then
picked the output (original, corrected1, or correct2) that I liked best for
upload.

-Tim

Old January 28th, 2010, 05:30 PM posted to rec.scuba,rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake (Tim McDonough):

(Tim McDonough) wrote:

Tim McDonough writes:

I finally got all the pictures (above water and underwater) selected,
corrected, uploaded and captioned, and a pass at tagging done.

Enjoy!

Holiday Cruise 2009/2010 (Part 1)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10315&id=1705670572&l=3fdc3334e2

What's the orange spot on this one?
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?pa...&id=1705670572

That is where a dive light was shining on the object as I took a picture of
it. It made the white balance(?) be out of whack for that part of the
picture.

-Tim

I have a spotter attached to the YS20 on my Seas&Sea. The smallest,
dimmest light I could find in the mid 90s. It shows up on available
light pictures, but those don't happen.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

I love my country, It's my government I fear.

Hey, turnabout's fair play.