Pool water change or no change?

Old December 17th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Guido

Default Pool water change or no change?

Do the ships maintenance personnel change the pool water very often, or for
that matter, do they change it at all?
Week after week with all those people in the water seems a little murky to
me.

Guido

Old December 17th, 2003, 05:22 AM
ChiliJim

At least on the Carnival Legend, they drain the pools before they
arrive in port on the last day, and fill it with sea water (treated, I
believe) when they are out at sea on the next cruise. I suspect that
the others do the same thing.

Jim

Old December 17th, 2003, 05:22 AM
Thomas Smith

Carnival changes the pool water daily. They also monitor the cleanliness of
the water very carefully, per CDC regulations.

Tom Smith

Old December 17th, 2003, 06:13 AM
JLP20

Do the ships maintenance personnel change the pool water very often, or for
that matter, do they change it at all?

On most, if not all of Princess ships use distilled sea water in the pools.

I do not believe they are drained, but I have seen the water "tested" several
times a day. In addition, quite a lot of water has to be replaced due to ship
movement.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
Old December 17th, 2003, 11:33 AM
NSq

So how often does your local public pool change the water? NN

Old December 17th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Susette405

The local Public pool is not sea water!

But I have seen the pools changed daily. Now though that they are open 24 hours
I guess the little magical genie comes out when most are asleep and does it!
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 04Dec04 Jewel of the Seas!
Check out our website: www.cruiseoutlets.com
Old December 17th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:33:43 GMT, "NSq" wrote:

So how often does your local public pool change the water?

Every time a black person get in it.
Old December 17th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Surfer E2468

Do not use ships pools,or public pools,only used my own pool,when we had
one,now just the shower,or bathtub,not even the ocean,which we are close
to.

Old December 18th, 2003, 12:45 AM
Cruising Chrissy

wrote:

Do the ships maintenance personnel change the pool water very often, or for
that matter, do they change it at all?
Week after week with all those people in the water seems a little murky to
me.

Think about this.

People like hot tubs. Hot tubs attract seniors who may have "leakage"
problems. Hot tubs relax people, promoting sex.

Would you have sex with someone after being in a public hot tub?

Can you say condoms?