Need for a Tour Leader in Paris France Be Welcome.

Old March 30th, 2005, 11:16 PM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

TourLeader wrote:

[]
I didn't want to insist with Mixi about that because, he's mostly
complaining for my English and i judge that a bit unfair.

Yes, I think it's unfair too.

Your written English has a lot of mistakes, obviously- some of them
quite amusing- but it's understandable to me. Oh, and Mixi too. Well,
not the amusing part maybe...

also my spoken English is better than my writing.

I can't say- but I imagine you'd probably be understood by someone try
to understand you. The first few years I spent in the US, many people
claimed not to understand what I said. It wasn't _always_ my fault- and
I'm fluent in English btw.

If you dictate exactly what someone says when they speak without a
script, you invariably find a lot of grammatical errors!

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net

Old March 30th, 2005, 11:24 PM
TourLeader

If his income is declared properly, then he is almost doing this as a
free public service. He may even be doing it at a loss.

Why not if you give me a chance to start something.
I would accept to loose a bit at the begining.
Of course maybe latter i would be obliged to raise a
bit my prices if i realize that i can't survive.
Only those never trying anything never succeed.
USA has the reputation for being easy with those
setting up something, show me then.

Old March 31st, 2005, 01:56 AM
TourLeader

If your income is declared properly, then all you had to do to shut
Mixi up ages ago is to say so. Instead you left the impression that
your proposed work is "on the black". So - which is it?

I want you stop about "on the black", i'm tired of it.
Anyway if you don't want give me directly the
money, I can give you the name of a company
for being in charge for all taxes.
And then the company will pay me back.
But you need to multiplicate prices by 2.3 i guess.
It would be exactly as you hired for a teacher.
And the subjet would Paris and France.
I would get more informations about that tomorrow
if you want.

Old March 31st, 2005, 04:12 AM
No Spam

Mrs. Maniac quacked in message
I know what they will think.

Rubbish. You don't even know how to make a sandwich.

Old March 31st, 2005, 05:39 AM
Mxsmanic

Emilia writes:

From my experience most people speak better than they write.

I teach people English every day, and believe me, most of them write far
better than they speak. For virtually all students of foreign
languages, speaking fluency is the last or second-last skill acquired,
after reading, writing, and listening. (Some students speak better than
they listen, not because they are good speakers, but simply because they
never have a chance to listen at all.) Written language always precedes
spoken language unless they've had some pretty unusual experiences.

Children may learn to listen and speak first, since they may be more
exposed to the spoken form of a language than to the written form. But
that's children, and here we are dealing with an adult speaker.

Furthermore, even if this person spoke exactly as he writes, he'd still
be extremely difficult or impossible to understand, especially if the
depth of his accent correlates with the magnitude and number of his
errors in grammar and vocabulary.

Anyway, from your continued discussion with the OP it seems you understand
exactly what he is up to.

I've inferred what he is trying to do, which isn't hard with a name like
TourLeader.