39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

Old July 9th, 2007, 06:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sharx35

Default 39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

On 2007-07-08 19:22:32 -0400, "sharx35" said:

Agreed. Same thing in Canada. If I was a leftie, I'd start watching the
shadows REAL closely, especially down in the D.C. area. If a leftie can't
afford 24/7 security on themself and ALL family members they should be
VERY
worried...at least IMHO.

Gee, I guess I should be scared stiff. All the neanderthals are out to
kill me, as painfully as possible.

You've given me insight into the working of the average right-wing mind. I
thought you & they were just blowhards, but apparenly I'm physically
threatened.

But then, your drug habit would probably make it impossible for you to
cross the border.

Who said anything about YOU? You egotists always think that everyone is
talking about YOU.

Old July 9th, 2007, 06:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Wes Newell

Default 46% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached, 54% in favor of impeaching Dick Cheney

I think we need to get rid of about 99% of every politician in DC.

No need to reply. I've removed the group I got this in and won't see the
reply. Now go find a damn political newsgroup.

Old July 9th, 2007, 07:44 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Sam Spade

On 2007-07-08 21:16:28 -0400, Sam Spade said:

I wait for hours in the emergency room because they use as their
family doctor.

So what are you doing there? Using it as your family doctor too? How are
you better than they are?

What an ass. I have insurance and was there with a legitmate medical
issue. I had called my doctor's exchange first and the doctor on call
told me to go to the ER with my conition.

Would you like to diagnose it too?
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:08 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
NRen2k5

G-squared wrote:
On Jul 7, 8:42 pm, none wrote:
James Davis wrote:
Right now about 30% of Americans are very happy with President
Bush, who was elected by a 51% majority.

incorrect, Gore won the election by the "majority" of the american
public, only in how the electoral college is setup did, bush sneak
in.

While I personally believe he's a moron, there is no rule that
says it's undemocratic for a president to only please 30% of the
population.

duh! but it's unprecedented to have such a poor performing
president in american history.

There could be some time in the future where angering 70% of the
population is the right thing to do. If you had to please the
majority of people, then we wouldn't even elect presidents. We
would just vote on issues and the majority vote would decide what
to do. It would be unfair to the 30% of Americans who like Bush
to impeach him unless he has done something illegal. He won the
vote, so he is the president. Besides, he doesn't have any power
to do anything that 70% of Congress disagrees with. If his
actions are so bad, they can be democratically overridden by
others. You can't just do away with the rules of democracy
because they are giving you the results you want.

Perhaps you remember the 2004 election where he did indeed get 51% of
the popular vote.

And that’s why *I* don’t argue that his 2000 election was illegitimate
anymore. All it could possibly do now is allow him to serve a “second”
“legitimate” term.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Matthew L. Martin

George Graves wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:31:37 -0700, sechumlib wrote
(in article ):

On 2007-07-08 18:54:04 -0400, George Graves said:

Please show me where, in any code of jurisprudence in the country where it
gives a witness the right to lie under oath about anything?

Please show me where, in any sensible political system, a politician
will put the chief executive in a position where he might lie under
oath about anything as trivial as a blow job? And use that as a reason
to try to get rid of a chief executive who is doing a perfectly fine
job?

There is simply no way around this. Clinton LIED under oath. End of story.
All side issues are irrelevant.

You live in an interesting world of black and white. Were you GWB's
roommate? The Republican Senate was smarter than you.

No politician with scruples would have done such a thing. Which types
the Republican Congress perfectly.

That is the point. Clinton was impeached for what the founders would
have considered a trivial matter. It came no where near treason or
bribery in the impact on the nation. If he had done what Scooter Libby
did he should have been convicted.

Matthew

--
I'm a consultant. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:58 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Matthew L. Martin

On 2007-07-08 18:54:04 -0400, George Graves said:

Had I been the judge, as I've said before, the man would have done time -
starting the minute his presidency was up.

There you go again! Have you NO decency, sir? More particularly, have
you NO concept of the difference between an impeachment trial in
Congress and a criminal trial in court?

He has also never heard of the constitutional protection from double
jeopardy. That doesn't surprise me.

Matthew

Old July 9th, 2007, 01:35 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
sechumlib

On 2007-07-09 02:44:51 -0400, Sam Spade said:

What an ass. I have insurance and was there with a legitmate medical
issue. I had called my doctor's exchange first and the doctor on call
told me to go to the ER with my conition.

....whatever a "conition" might be.

Old July 9th, 2007, 01:38 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

On 2007-07-08 19:22:32 -0400, "sharx35" said:

Agreed. Same thing in Canada. If I was a leftie, I'd start watching the
shadows REAL closely, especially down in the D.C. area. If a leftie can't
afford 24/7 security on themself and ALL family members they should be
VERY
worried...at least IMHO.

Gee, I guess I should be scared stiff. All the neanderthals are out to
kill me, as painfully as possible.

You've given me insight into the working of the average right-wing mind. I
thought you & they were just blowhards, but apparenly I'm physically
threatened.

But then, your drug habit would probably make it impossible for you to
cross the border.

Who said anything about YOU? You egotists always think that everyone is
talking about YOU.

Well, I fit your warped definition of a "leftie" (that is, I almost
always disagree with you and your nutty attitudes), so doesn't that put
me in danger (that is, I should be "VERY worried" and need "24/7
security")? If I lived in Canada, that is.

Old July 9th, 2007, 01:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

On 2007-07-08 23:13:31 -0400, George Graves said:

That the Government didn't press the charge doesn't make Clinton any less
guilty of perjury. Like I've said a number of times, had I been the Judge,
Clinton would have done time.

Explain what you mean by "judge", white man.

Old July 9th, 2007, 01:41 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

On 2007-07-08 23:24:48 -0400, George Graves said:

Sir, in this country, if YOU or I were to lie under oath, in court, YOU or I
would go to jail.

Why don't you just dispense with your fake courtesy and call me
"asshole"? That's the name I apply to you - privately, anyway.