Auction addiction!

Old January 29th, 2006, 08:12 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Auction addiction!

Help!

lol

I need money to pay for my addiction...
only joking!

I have now put something up for auction - a tour of Cape Town and the Garden
Route. My rates for tours seem to be better than other tour operators (by
quite a bit) and this one has a further 25% off for the sake of the auction.
Tell me what you think of my ad? I THINK this is the link:
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-...iptionANDimage

Took me about 4 hours to complete the listing, not to mention the 6 hours
beforehand creating the html code and working out the best offer I could
make.

I think I should apply for work as a web designer - maybe there's more money
there! :-)

Catherine
--
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==
www.africanbush.co.za

Old January 29th, 2006, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

This is spamming. Please stop doing that.

Barend

"Catherine Milton" wrote in message
Help!

lol

I need money to pay for my addiction...
only joking!

I have now put something up for auction - a tour of Cape Town and the

Garden
Route. My rates for tours seem to be better than other tour operators (by
quite a bit) and this one has a further 25% off for the sake of the

auction.
Tell me what you think of my ad? I THINK this is the link:

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-...0&ver=LCA08080
5&item=6600962314&lk=ItemDescriptionANDimage

Old January 30th, 2006, 05:16 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

"Barend Jasper" wrote in message
This is spamming. Please stop doing that.

Barend

Oh dear, I am sorry. I was continuing with a topic we had on the needlework
group, and when I posted I decided to post here as well since it was
travel-related. I didn't see it like that (as spam, I mean) but realise how
it could be perceived. I was actually more interested in your opinion of my
html skills and whether I'd forgotten something than in promoting anything
else.

I'll try to be more careful in future.

Catherine

Old January 30th, 2006, 03:16 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

"Catherine Milton" wrote in message
"Barend Jasper" wrote in message
This is spamming. Please stop doing that.

Barend

Oh dear, I am sorry. I was continuing with a topic we had on the

needlework
group, and when I posted I decided to post here as well since it was
travel-related. I didn't see it like that (as spam, I mean) but realise

how
it could be perceived. I was actually more interested in your opinion of

my
html skills and whether I'd forgotten something than in promoting anything
else.

I'll try to be more careful in future.

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

Try to be more carefull next time. I value your contributions to this
newsgroup but keep in mind that 'commercial' misuse is not appropriate...

Reg. Hans

Old January 30th, 2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

This is interesting.
I sent Catherine a private message a couple of weeks ago
explaining that the newsgroup is not the place for marketing
and she apologized and said she wouldn't. Then, the
posting she did about her auction - and her rates - came along.

Old January 30th, 2006, 06:15 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

In message
Dave Patterson wrote:

This is interesting.
I sent Catherine a private message a couple of weeks ago
explaining that the newsgroup is not the place for marketing
and she apologized and said she wouldn't. Then, the
posting she did about her auction - and her rates - came along.

Just the most recent of a long line of (almost exclusively) South
African guides who seem to think r.t.a is a good place to ply their
wares.

For Catherine et al:
This is the appropriate paragraph from the rec.travel.africa charter,
which I'm just passing on for info: I had no hand in its authorship:

"This is not a forum for advertising and commercial interests and such
posts will not be welcome. There is nothing wrong with commerce and
advertising, this just isn't the place for it. If you have a product
or a tour, please post your message in rec.travel.marketplace or other
locations."

Slainte

Liz

--
Virtual Liz: http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos

Old January 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

"Catherine Milton" wrote in message

As I said, I got carried away.

I apologise.

Catherine

No hard feelings Catherine! Keep up the good work with helping travellers to
Southern Africa.

Reg. Hans.

Old January 30th, 2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

In article , Catherine Milton
writes
As I said, I got carried away.

I apologise.

It is also a convention that you can put any "commercial" links in your
sig, if it is not too large (about 4 lines).
--
JohnM
Author of Brazil: Life, Blood, Soul &