I need the cheapest flight to Malawi to help aids victims

Old November 8th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Paul Turner

Default I need the cheapest flight to Malawi to help aids victims

Hi,

I am flying from the UK to Blantyre, Malawi in the first week in
January to help my girlfriend with her charity work, and to take out
clothes and toys for the orphan children she teaches and cares for.

Where can I find the cheapest flight?!

Many websites quote VERY cheap prices like around £350, although when
I phone to book they say that either the flights don't exist, or that
they are much much more expensive!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to book this
week, so I can get on with collecting toys and clothes for the kids.

Thanks,

Paul

Old November 8th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Lansbury

On 8 Nov 2005 01:50:00 -0800, "Paul Turner" wrote:

Many websites quote VERY cheap prices like around £350, although when
I phone to book they say that either the flights don't exist, or that
they are much much more expensive!

What sort of price was available. Around the £750 - £850 was the price range I
found availability in.
-
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup
Old November 8th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Paul Turner

What sort of price was available. Around the £750 - £850 was the price range I
found availability in.

The cheapest I can find is £569.10. I suppose that's not too bad.

Old November 8th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Lansbury

On 8 Nov 2005 04:53:00 -0800, "Paul Turner" wrote:

What sort of price was available. Around the £750 - £850 was the price range I
found availability in.

The cheapest I can find is £569.10. I suppose that's not too bad.

That was not bad some time ago, I often paid £550 to go to Harare. With
current fuel prices etc that is a good price in my book, especially if it is a
half way decent airline.
-
Old November 8th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Paul Turner

The cheapest I can find is £569.10. I suppose that's not too bad.

That was not bad some time ago, I often paid £550 to go to Harare. With
current fuel prices etc that is a good price in my book, especially if itis a
half way decent airline.

It's with Kenya Airways I think. Any good? Via dialaflight.

Old November 8th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Lansbury

On 8 Nov 2005 07:13:59 -0800, "Paul Turner" wrote:

It's with Kenya Airways I think. Any good? Via dialaflight.

About average, and about £200 or more cheaper than BA and SAA flights.

I can see why they were quoting lower prices. I can see a fare of £320 plus
taxes with Kenya Airways, but it only allows you to stay a week.
-
Old November 8th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Paul Turner

I can see why they were quoting lower prices. I can see a fare of £320 plus
taxes with Kenya Airways, but it only allows you to stay a week.
-

Really? Where did you see that? I am very interested!

If you are referring to
http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/flight...e/London-Area/

then it's a lie! After you actually phone the companies listed, the
price is a lot more!

thanks!

Old November 8th, 2005, 09:17 PM

"I am flying from the UK to Blantyre, Malawi in the first week in
January to help my girlfriend with her charity work, and to take out
clothes and toys for the orphan children she teaches and cares for.
Where can I find the cheapest flight?!"

trailfinders.co.uk

statravel.com

Old November 8th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Lansbury

On 8 Nov 2005 09:07:39 -0800, "Paul Turner" wrote:

I can see why they were quoting lower prices. I can see a fare of £320 plus
taxes with Kenya Airways, but it only allows you to stay a week.
-

Really? Where did you see that? I am very interested!

It's a Kenya Airways consolidator fare, so any of the cut price people that
deal with the airline should have it, if it isn't sold out on the dates you
want. There would only be a limited number of seats at that fare on a flight,
so first come etc.

-
Old February 6th, 2006, 10:40 PM posted to rec.travel.africa,alt.travel.uk.air,uk.transport.air,alt.travel.uk.marketplace

Really? Where did you see that? I am very interested!

If you are referring to
http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/flight...e/London-Area/

then it's a lie! After you actually phone the companies listed, the
price is a lot more!

thanks!

Try travelbag.co.uk

--