photo-travel in Jasper, Lake Louise/Banff Alberta areas

Old July 9th, 2007, 07:21 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
W Chan

Default photo-travel in Jasper, Lake Louise/Banff Alberta areas

I am planning a trip to visit Jasper, Lake Louise/Banff in Alberta around
the last weekend of July for 7 days.

Like to find out accommodations in the areas...

Has anyone stayed in the camp grounds (Whistlers, Wapiti, Banff-Lake Louise,
Banff-Tunnel Mountain) or B&B?
Any comments or tips?

thanks,

william
vancouver bc

Old July 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
Sebastian Suchanek

Thus spoke W Chan:

[...]
Has anyone stayed in the camp grounds (Whistlers, Wapiti,
Banff-Lake Louise, Banff-Tunnel Mountain) or B&B?
[...]

I was both on Whistlers and Tunnel Mountain 1 in early June this
year.
Both campgrounds are very large with all the pros and cons that
come with this: On the one hand, you have all the bells and
whistles like hot showers.
On the other hand, they appeared fairly crowded to me, you get
an campsite assigned instead of picking one yourself and the
individual campsites are fairly close together. (These are
things I don't like all that much, but your mileage may vary.)

HTH,

Sebastian

--
http://www.baumaschinen-modelle.net
http://www.schwerlast-rhein-main.de
Old July 10th, 2007, 01:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"Sebastian Suchanek" wrote in message
Thus spoke W Chan:

[...]
Has anyone stayed in the camp grounds (Whistlers, Wapiti,
Banff-Lake Louise, Banff-Tunnel Mountain) or B&B?
[...]

I was both on Whistlers and Tunnel Mountain 1 in early June this
year.
Both campgrounds are very large with all the pros and cons that
come with this: On the one hand, you have all the bells and
whistles like hot showers.
On the other hand, they appeared fairly crowded to me, you get
an campsite assigned instead of picking one yourself and the
individual campsites are fairly close together. (These are
things I don't like all that much, but your mileage may vary.)

Then don't be so ****ing cheap and reserve a motel room, next time.

HTH,

Sebastian

Old July 11th, 2007, 10:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
Sebastian Suchanek

Thus spoke sharx35:
"Sebastian Suchanek" wrote in
message ...
Thus spoke W Chan:

[...]
Has anyone stayed in the camp grounds (Whistlers, Wapiti,
Banff-Lake Louise, Banff-Tunnel Mountain) or B&B?
[...]

I was both on Whistlers and Tunnel Mountain 1 in early
June this year.
Both campgrounds are very large with all the pros and cons
that come with this:

[...]

Then don't be so ****ing cheap and reserve a motel room,
next time.

Motel/hotel managers tend to react mildly irritated --to put it
delicately-- when you start bonfires in a motel/hotel room.

HTH,

Sebastian

Old July 12th, 2007, 06:52 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"Sebastian Suchanek" wrote in message
Thus spoke sharx35:
"Sebastian Suchanek" wrote in
message ...
Thus spoke W Chan:

[...]
Has anyone stayed in the camp grounds (Whistlers, Wapiti,
Banff-Lake Louise, Banff-Tunnel Mountain) or B&B?
[...]

I was both on Whistlers and Tunnel Mountain 1 in early
June this year.
Both campgrounds are very large with all the pros and cons
that come with this:

[...]

Then don't be so ****ing cheap and reserve a motel room,
next time.

Motel/hotel managers tend to react mildly irritated --to put it
delicately-- when you start bonfires in a motel/hotel room.

Sebastian, more than a few of the rooms/cabins available in Jasper do have
FIREPLACES, wood-burning fireplaces. WHY do you HAVE to be able to have a
bonfire?

HTH,

Sebastian