insunrace

Old January 4th, 2008, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Default insunrace

MI wrote:
Ever consider English as a second language? He probably speaks French. We are a bilingual country you know.

Yeah, English and Chinese. The spammer is from Vancouver and is
promoting a Chinese/English commercial site.
Je pense qu'il n'est pas Franηais.

--
===========================
Sawyer Nicknames

Seinfeld Trivia, Lists, and Scripts
http://seinfeld.xtreemhost.com/
===========================
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
... I've made a number of trips to
Canada, the early ones to Bristish Columbia and Alberta. Strolling along
the grocery shelves, I was amused to find that each and every labeled item
had both English and French descriptions/writings.

Come to Markham Ontario some time. Almost every plaza, store sign,
business etc. is in Chinese with no French or English - just Chinese.
Everywhere, on everything. Not politically correct to demand it. Try
shopping at the pacific Mall or or the TnT Supermarkets. LOL!! Where
are our "bilingual" laws there? - ... (just in case you're wondering I
don't care - I just find it interesting)

--
===========================

Old January 4th, 2008, 05:06 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote in message
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
... I've made a number of trips to
Canada, the early ones to Bristish Columbia and Alberta. Strolling along
the grocery shelves, I was amused to find that each and every labeled
item had both English and French descriptions/writings.

Come to Markham Ontario some time. Almost every plaza, store sign,
business etc. is in Chinese with no French or English - just Chinese.
Everywhere, on everything. Not politically correct to demand it. Try
shopping at the pacific Mall or or the TnT Supermarkets. LOL!! Where
are our "bilingual" laws there? - ... (just in case you're wondering I
don't care - I just find it interesting)

Signage I expect and am not the least bit surprised. It's labeling on
everyday items - like canned goods, ceral boxes, etc. - distributed nation
wide that surprised me. Now if you are saying that items that...on the one
hand in British Columbia and Alberta bear English and French labels and on
the other hand in Quebec bear only French labels...in Markham Ontario bear
only Chinese labels, then - yes - I would be surprised. So pray tell, are
there any such items and - if so - what are some specific examples?

Old January 4th, 2008, 05:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS ζ–―θ’‚ζ–‡β€’ 倏

TheNewsGuy(Mike) wrote:
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
... I've made a number of trips to
Canada, the early ones to Bristish Columbia and Alberta. Strolling
along the grocery shelves, I was amused to find that each and every
labeled item had both English and French descriptions/writings.

Come to Markham Ontario some time. Almost every plaza, store sign,
business etc. is in Chinese with no French or English - just Chinese.
Everywhere, on everything. Not politically correct to demand it. Try
shopping at the pacific Mall or or the TnT Supermarkets. LOL!! Where
are our "bilingual" laws there? - ... (just in case you're wondering I
don't care - I just find it interesting)

Maybe the law only requires French when English is present, and vice-versa.

What annoys me in my area is the number of restaurants with only Chinese
menus.
Old January 4th, 2008, 06:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

So pray tell, are
there any such items and - if so - what are some specific examples?

good god don't answer the question....

the next thing you know, he is going to ask you to go the supermarket
and send scans of th labels to prove it to be true...

then he is going to want to know step by step how you got to the
supermarket......

Old January 4th, 2008, 09:41 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
......in Markham Ontario bear
only Chinese labels, then - yes - I would be surprised. So pray tell, are
there any such items and - if so - what are some specific examples?

Tons - just go into a TnT supermarket and you will be inundated with
Chinese-only labels. I don't have any here in MY cupboard to site for
obvious reasons. ;-)

--
===========================

Old January 5th, 2008, 04:18 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

wrote in message
So pray tell, are
there any such items and - if so - what are some specific examples?

good god don't answer the question....

the next thing you know, he is going to ask you to go the supermarket
and send scans of th labels to prove it to be true...

then he is going to want to know step by step how you got to the
supermarket......

Well, guess what, folks - here's Chuckie. Still trying to figure out the
difference between public and private/non-public phone numbers, are you now
Chuckie? Haven't heard from you on this particular issue/question at all,
at all, at all. And, of course, so you are still ducking this
issue/question - stuck as you are in the Alvin Toda mantra of "usage
determines meaning" as per your own personal and so very unique - you not
being able to reference any kind of standard dictionary definition - use of
"public."

Quack, quack!

Old January 5th, 2008, 04:21 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
......in Markham Ontario bear
only Chinese labels, then - yes - I would be surprised. So pray tell,
are there any such items and - if so - what are some specific examples?

Tons - just go into a TnT supermarket and you will be inundated with
Chinese-only labels. I don't have any here in MY cupboard to site for
obvious reasons. ;-)

And the very same items are labeled with both English and French in British
Columbia and Alberta on the one hand and in only French in Quebec? Wonder
of wonders! No wonder you Canucks find things so challenging up there!

Old January 5th, 2008, 05:53 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
......in Markham Ontario bear
only Chinese labels, then - yes - I would be surprised. So pray tell,
are there any such items and - if so - what are some specific examples?

Tons - just go into a TnT supermarket and you will be inundated with
Chinese-only labels. I don't have any here in MY cupboard to site for
obvious reasons. ;-)

And the very same items are labeled with both English and French in British
Columbia and Alberta on the one hand and in only French in Quebec? Wonder
of wonders! No wonder you Canucks find things so challenging up there!

we have a couple of stores here where everything is chinese
only.....chinese grocery stores....there is an italian place where 90%
of the stuff is direct italian...
Old January 5th, 2008, 05:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Jan 4, 10:18 pm, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

no, I;m not realy trying to figure it out.....

I am tyring to figure out why you cant grasp the concept of a number,
which is avialable to everyone, but can only be found by those who
know where to look....

in theory, any number which is written down and listed in any sort of
directory, which a person can access, without a password or interior
knowledge, is public....

sorry if that isnt the dictionary definition, but sometimes you have
to think outside the box, and use your own common sense.....