Cape Town Advice Wanted

Old November 28th, 2003, 08:42 AM
NH2003

Default Cape Town Advice Wanted

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Cape Town early next year with a friend, we are
two males in our early thirties. I'd like to ask recommendations on
where is the best place to stay to allow a good base for day trips,
access to the beach and some nightlife other than being stuck in the
hotel bar! Not necessarily clubs, but some good friendly bars.

We have been looking at the Cape Manor Hotel, Sea Point. Anyone know
this hotel.

Is the Sea Point area a good place to stay?, ie some good restaurants
and bars in the area, or is the waterfront area the best place to stay.

Is it safe to be walking home at night in Cape Town, specifically Sea
Point or waterfront area?

Any advice would be appreciated

Old December 1st, 2003, 08:06 AM
Clive Reid

Hi,

In general the area in and around the Waterfront has good hotels, but more
expensive. Although I usually stay in a self catering establishment in Sea
Point, and have walked around in the day, I used a car at night, and
arranged garaging for the car.

Both areas are fine as bases for Cape Town tourism. You might want to
consider hiring a car for your stay, with full insurance (book ahead of time
and bring an International drivers license). Then you can drive to Cape
Point, to see the penguins at The boulders, visit the national gardens at
Kirstenbosch, tour the wine route (there is a clamp down on drinking and
driving at present), Table mountain cable car etc. on your own schedule.

There is a lot of nightlife along Somerset Road just behind the Waterfront
and down the road from Seapoint.

Regards,
Clive Reid

Old December 1st, 2003, 09:13 PM
bidbud

Originally posted by Clive Reid

[...]

"NH2003" wrote in message

-
[/url]...

[...]

s.com[/url]

Hi

A great place to stay is The Peninsula Hotel which is a gold crown
resort with RCI. It offers a free shuttle to the popular beaches like
Clifton, Camps Bay etc. Sea Point is central but as with all major
cities don't take any chances.

Pamela

--
bidbud