Cruise Insurance

Old May 11th, 2008, 03:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dory Samuels

Default Cruise Insurance

We will be doing a 14 day cruise starting in Barcelona and ending in
Miami. I know insurance is a must.......but who should I buy from? I
know the cruise line (Celebrity) sells theirs and I have heard of Travel
Guard. What would your suggestion be? We would mainly be concerned
with medical coverage. No pre-existing health problems but we are
seniors between 65 - 75. Thanks for any advice from you savvy
travelers.

~~DORY~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

****

Old May 11th, 2008, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Dory Samuels wrote:
We will be doing a 14 day cruise starting in Barcelona and ending in
Miami. I know insurance is a must.......but who should I buy from? I
know the cruise line (Celebrity) sells theirs and I have heard of Travel
Guard. What would your suggestion be? We would mainly be concerned
with medical coverage. No pre-existing health problems but we are
seniors between 65 - 75. Thanks for any advice from you savvy
travelers.

Go to insuremytrip.com and you can see what the different polices offer
and at what price. We have bought our cruise insurance with different
companies from this site. It is information and easy to use.

sue
Old May 11th, 2008, 04:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

What does you travel agent suggest? Why isn't your agent getting it for
you?

--Tom

"Dory Samuels" wrote in message
We will be doing a 14 day cruise starting in Barcelona and ending in
Miami. I know insurance is a must.......but who should I buy from? I
know the cruise line (Celebrity) sells theirs and I have heard of Travel
Guard. What would your suggestion be? We would mainly be concerned
with medical coverage. No pre-existing health problems but we are
seniors between 65 - 75. Thanks for any advice from you savvy
travelers.

~~DORY~~
________ / /___/ /___/ /_________
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old May 12th, 2008, 11:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dory Samuels

Thnak you Sue. That's a great site and we are checking it out.

Tom......my TA has presented me with several choices but I like to check
ALL the choices. It can't hurt. :-)

~~DORY~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

****

Old May 12th, 2008, 11:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
john

On May 11, 10:10*am, (Dory Samuels) wrote:
We will be doing a 14 day cruise starting in Barcelona and ending in
Miami. *I know insurance is a must.......but who should I buy from? *I
know the cruise line (Celebrity) sells theirs and I have heard of Travel
Guard. *What would your suggestion be? *We would mainly be concerned
with medical coverage. *No pre-existing health problems but we are
seniors between 65 - 75. *Thanks for any advice from you savvy
travelers.

~~DORY~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**** *

Go to http://www.quotewright.com. They offer all of the major travel
insurance companies and plans and are easy to use. If all you're
concerned about is medical coverage than enter 0 when asked for trip
cost. If you enter 0 for trip cost it will remove trip cancellation/
interruption coverage from most plans making them less expensive.
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer[_2_]

"john" wrote in message

Go to http://www.quotewright.com. They offer all of the major travel
insurance companies and plans and are easy to use. If all you're
concerned about is medical coverage than enter 0 when asked for trip
cost. If you enter 0 for trip cost it will remove trip cancellation/
interruption coverage from most plans making them less expensive.

The same hold true for www.insuremytrip.com (about removing the trip cost).
My medical covers a good portion of any care & if I should lose my luggage
it's not a big deal since all my valuables are with me all the time but my
major concern for insurance on any cruise is the evacuation cost which could
run into the thousands.

Old May 12th, 2008, 01:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_4_]

"Boomer" nospam.aol.com wrote in message

"john" wrote in message

Go to http://www.quotewright.com. They offer all of the major travel
insurance companies and plans and are easy to use. If all you're
concerned about is medical coverage than enter 0 when asked for trip
cost. If you enter 0 for trip cost it will remove trip cancellation/
interruption coverage from most plans making them less expensive.

The same hold true for www.insuremytrip.com (about removing the trip
cost). My medical covers a good portion of any care & if I should lose my
luggage it's not a big deal since all my valuables are with me all the
time but my major concern for insurance on any cruise is the evacuation
cost which could run into the thousands.

We get insurance through our travel agent who get it through Princess. We
get the deluxe insurance for the basic price due to being platinum.
Don't ever go without it. We almost had to postpone our first trip due to my
sister-in-law in a coma. We left on our cruise two days after the funeral
but we could have postponed it with the insurance.

Old May 12th, 2008, 01:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
"Jr." wrote:

We get insurance through our travel agent who get it through Princess. We
get the deluxe insurance for the basic price due to being platinum.
Don't ever go without it. We almost had to postpone our first trip due to my
sister-in-law in a coma. We left on our cruise two days after the funeral
but we could have postponed it with the insurance.

Did the math on it once, and if I have to cancel just once out of
every 7 cruises, I break even. Of course even one medical problem and
you are probably ahead for the next two generations.
Old May 12th, 2008, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_4_]

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jr." wrote:

We get insurance through our travel agent who get it through Princess. We
get the deluxe insurance for the basic price due to being platinum.
Don't ever go without it. We almost had to postpone our first trip due to
my
sister-in-law in a coma. We left on our cruise two days after the funeral
but we could have postponed it with the insurance.

Did the math on it once, and if I have to cancel just once out of
every 7 cruises, I break even. Of course even one medical problem and
you are probably ahead for the next two generations.

We found the value of it when my sister-in-law had a surgery go bad. She was
in a coma for almost 10 days before her husband decided to end the life
support. As it turned out we returned home from the funeral on Wednesday
night and flew out for our cruise on Friday morning. I had already talked to
the insurance company and was assured that even if the funeral was over and
my wife did not feel like cruising immediately after the funeral that we
could pospone our trip until another day with a complete refund of
everything we paid to Princess.

With a mother that is 88 and a sister-in-law that is 68 with a huge case of
lung and breathing problems, we pay the small fee to get the insurance.
To say nothing of personal illnesses that can come up that would delay a
cruise.

IMNSHO anyone who does not take the insurance is gambling on losing much
more than an insurance premium.
(and is very foolish)

Old May 13th, 2008, 02:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

We get insurance through our travel agent who get it through Princess. We
get the deluxe insurance for the basic price due to being platinum.
Don't ever go without it. We almost had to postpone our first trip due to my
sister-in-law in a coma. We left on our cruise two days after the funeral
but we could have postponed it with the insurance.

One consideration to bear in mind is that if you're buying insurance
to guard against failure of a cruise line, you don't want to buy it
from the line itself. (Not an issue for Princess to most people I'd
suspect) -- on the other hand, insurance from the cruise line may have
more flexibile cancel refund policies than third-party coverage.

So depending on what you're buying insurance against - there may be
extra considerations when deciding to buy the cruise line's policies.

Mark