"Breakers" question - Norway

Old December 25th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Ali's Daddie

Default "Breakers" question - Norway

I received an email from one of the yahoo cruise groups.

In the message, the OP stated:

----
"I've just been told by somebody close to the crew members of the ss
Norway that the ss Norway has just been sold to the breakers the day
she just left the title of "longest passenger ship in the world"...

Can anybody confirm this terrific news ???"
-----

First, what is the "breakers"? Does that mean sold for scrap?

And secondly, does anyone know anything about this? I have been googling,
and can't find anything.

--
LES!

To send me an email, please remove Your Hat
YourHatDaddie @ bonbon.net

Old December 25th, 2003, 09:32 PM

It would be for scrap. And it's ONLY a rumor at this point. A "he
said/she said" sort of thing. Nobody has actually confirmed or denied it.

Jim
CRI/English
http://pw2.netcom.com/~jleq/cri1.htm

Old December 25th, 2003, 09:53 PM
Raoul Fiebig

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 12:53:25 -0700, "Ali's Daddie"
wrote:

In the message, the OP stated:

----
"I've just been told by somebody close to the crew members of the ss
Norway that the ss Norway has just been sold to the breakers the day
she just left the title of "longest passenger ship in the world"...

Can anybody confirm this terrific news ???"
-----

First of all, I wonder how anybody could consider this "terrific news"
- it actually would be terrible news.

First, what is the "breakers"? Does that mean sold for scrap?

Yes, that's what it means.

And secondly, does anyone know anything about this? I have been googling,
and can't find anything.

It's a rumor spread by somebody who was told about it by an anonymous
"former crew member". This is just one of dozens of rumors which have
been around during the last months.

Regards from Germany,

Raoul Fiebig

E-Mail: firstnameATruderhaus.de

"Das Ruderhaus": http://www.ruderhaus.de/
Old January 1st, 2004, 05:13 PM
Raoul Fiebig

wrote:

First, what is the "breakers"? Does that mean sold for scrap?

And secondly, does anyone know anything about this? I have been googling,
and can't find anything.

Hi!

For what it's worth, I have received word from a source at Lloyd Werft
that the S/S "Norway" is scheduled to enter drydock at Lloyd Werft in
April. Please keep in mind that this does not necessarily mean she
will return to the NCL fleet. Also, this information has not yet been
officially confirmed.