"BOB" Tour in St Thomas

Old February 19th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Alex

Default "BOB" Tour in St Thomas

Does anyone have any experiences with the "BOB" underwater scooter tour in
St Thomas? It sounds like a "don't miss" opportunity. We're on Navigator
in mid June and are really considering this excursion.

Thanks,
Alex Partridge

Norwegian Sea
Carnival Paradise
Enchantment of the Seas
Nordic Empress

Old February 19th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Jim L

DO IT !!! BOB was a ton of fun and easy. I'm in my late 50's and was
afraid that it might be too strenuous. All you have to be able to do is hold
your breath about 15 seconds while you slip up into the helmut then off you
go with a guide (scuba diver) who will even take your underwater camera and
take pictures of you.

Old February 19th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Donnassei

We also did the "BOB" excursion in ST. Thomas last year and I'd say go for it,
it was so different and neat. You will have one diver for every 2 bobs, so if
you are having difficulties, they are there to help you, take pics of you,
point things out and lead the way, you go on a trail...

The actual time you have on Bob is about 20 minutes, you can snorkel either
before or after your turn or just stay on the boat.

Have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
http://www.cruisemates.com
Old February 20th, 2004, 01:12 AM
steve

i seen em in key west while i was snorkeling fighting the current over a
reef. was thinking of doing that looked good but $100 for 50 minutes
changed my mind.

Old February 20th, 2004, 10:55 AM
MisterDee

I also did the "BOB thing" in St. Thomas, while we there on Constellation on
approx. Nov. 27, 2003...it was a BLAST!!
Don't hesitate...the tour company was great, and it was a blast...the others
are correct, you get about 20 minutes on the machine, and you can snorkel
before or after, depending on your place in line...

Enjoy!

Ken