peaceful beach destination in thailand

Old December 1st, 2006, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default peaceful beach destination in thailand

Hello,

I'm trying to find a somewhat secluded beach area in thailand to spend
12 days around the new year. I've been to thailand numerous times, to
touristy places (bkk, pattaya, phuket, phi phi, samui, koh phangan...)
but I'm getting seriously tired of all of them, and would love to get
some insight on a place that would be worth visiting for its
quietness...

I know it's mission impossible, and if you know of such a place you'd
rather not tell me, but I wouldn't post if I didn't know you're all
great people ;-)

I'm ok with pretty much anything, even in "regular" places, excepted
big concrete structure. a bungalow close to the beach or up a hill is
the best. a bit of confort is welcome, but not mandatory. the idea is
to avoid the crowds (especially during new year season !!). money wise,
I'm very open (as long as price matches quality), from 2000 to 10000
thb per night (for peak season rates, I know it'd be 3 times cheaper in
july...)

no preference for destination neither, we land in bangkok and we find a
way to go where the best place is !!

thanks a lot for any information you might contribute, I promise to
send a postcard to any helper ;-)

cheers

--Bastien

Old December 2nd, 2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...

Another option would be to go to Myanmar, which only receives 100000
tourists per year, vs. 10 million for Thailand. There should be nice
beaches also there and the people are very friendly and there is close
to 0% criminality.
--

Heh heh. The entire political establishment (military officers by large) are
nothing but highwaymen.

Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:44 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon

In article , Markku
Grönroos says...

Another option would be to go to Myanmar, which only receives 100000
tourists per year, vs. 10 million for Thailand. There should be nice
beaches also there and the people are very friendly and there is close
to 0% criminality.
--

Heh heh. The entire political establishment (military officers by large) are
nothing but highwaymen.

Well... the minimum exchange requirement (used to be $300) has now been
waived, so that you no longer have to change money into FECs upon
arrival. From a tourists' point of view Myanmar is a safe and peaceful
country, not overrun by tourists and very cheap.
--

Alfred Molon
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:16 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
In article , Markku

Another option would be to go to Myanmar, which only receives 100000
tourists per year, vs. 10 million for Thailand. There should be nice
beaches also there and the people are very friendly and there is close
to 0% criminality.
--

Heh heh. The entire political establishment (military officers by large)
are
nothing but highwaymen.

Well... the minimum exchange requirement (used to be $300) has now been
waived, so that you no longer have to change money into FECs upon
arrival. From a tourists' point of view Myanmar is a safe and peaceful
country, not overrun by tourists and very cheap.

Even if tourists don't face difficulties too often in this respect, the
ordinary and impoverished people of Burma have to live under violent and
supressive despotism all the time. Very nice people indeed. Torture of
people and entry requirements for tourists are pieces of two different cakes

Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:42 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon

In article , Markku
Grönroos says...

Even if tourists don't face difficulties too often in this respect, the
ordinary and impoverished people of Burma have to live under violent and
supressive despotism all the time. Very nice people indeed. Torture of
people and entry requirements for tourists are pieces of two different cakes

Well... I didn't see violent and oppressive despotism when I was there.
Did you notice this while you were there or are you relying on reports
written by somebody?

--

Alfred Molon