17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

Old June 26th, 2007, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

Default 17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
William Black wrote:

"JohnT" wrote in message
. uk...

[]
I used the flight connections centre at LHR last week transferring from
T1
International to T1 Domestic and there was only one point (just before
the
exit to the transit corridor) where passports were checked. The sign
just
said "Passports".

It changes.

When it's busy there's a sign that says 'UK Passports' to the left of the
line and aload of desks to the right where everyone else goes.

Although if your spouse stands in the 'non Brit' queue they do let you
queue
with them...

Are you 100% sure it doesn't say EEA/EU passports or somesuch?

No.

I've been through so many immigration controls in the past year or so I
can't really remember them all.

But that particular one is one I do go through two or three times a year and
I think I remember it saying 'British Passport Holders'.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old June 26th, 2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

William Black wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
William Black wrote:

"JohnT" wrote in message
. uk...

[]
[...]

The only thing I can think is that it may have said something like
"British and other EEA/EU" passports. I don't think it's legal to have a
UK only line. I enter the country a dozen or so times a year, and I
simply don't remember such a line, at least in the last decade or so- I
can't say I ever remember one...

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

William Black wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
William Black wrote:

"JohnT" wrote in message
. uk...
[]
[...]

Could be.

My 'significant other' doesn't have an EEA/EU passport so we just head for
the 'aliens/criminals/terrorist suspects' line. Something that is something
of a pain when a couple of planes full of US tourists have just arrived and
are heading for a golf competition in Scotland via various UK shuttle
flights (and yes, that has happened, last Early May Bank Holiday...)

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old June 26th, 2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

William Black wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message

[]
The only thing I can think is that it may have said something like
"British and other EEA/EU" passports. I don't think it's legal to have a
UK only line. I enter the country a dozen or so times a year, and I
simply don't remember such a line, at least in the last decade or so- I
can't say I ever remember one...

Could be.

My 'significant other' doesn't have an EEA/EU passport so we just head for
the 'aliens/criminals/terrorist suspects' line. Something that is something
of a pain when a couple of planes full of US tourists have just arrived and
are heading for a golf competition in Scotland via various UK shuttle
flights (and yes, that has happened, last Early May Bank Holiday...)

Ironically, nearly all of the flights I take with my partner into the UK
are from EEA/EU countries, and he gets through passport control quicker
than me!

Old June 26th, 2007, 11:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:33:16 +0100, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

William Black wrote:

[...]

I always take the non EU queue, when the EU queue is long.

Unfortunately this option is not open to us.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old June 27th, 2007, 02:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank F. Matthews

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

The Reid wrote:

Following up to "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

A Muslim state? Surely Turkey is a secular state? :-)

But more Muslim than it was in the 1920's! (When Turkey gave women
the vote even before the U.S. did.)

maybe EU should outlaw "established" churches.

That was SUPPOSEDLY what the U.S. did in its Constitution, although
that's hard to believe since Bush came to power paying lip-service to
"Christian family values"! The fact he manages to toady to the
"Religious Right" on the one side and Corporate Autocracy on the other
shows a singular lack of logical reasoning on the part of his
evangelical adherents. (But then "logical evangelism" would be an
oxymoron, wouldn't it?)

Especially now that the US Supreme Court said that he could use office
funds to support particular religions. It will be fun if a hidden
Scientologist gets elected.

Old June 27th, 2007, 08:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
The Reid[_4_]

Following up to Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

I still remember how completely odd my first kiss was. I've had more
passionate interactions with light switches.

I bet the second time you chose a girl and it was better?
--
Mike Reid
Cutty Sark appeal"http://www.cuttysark.org.uk"
Old June 27th, 2007, 08:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
The Reid[_4_]

Following up to Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

Why? Almost 50% of the UK support admitting Turkey-

do they really! Thats a surprise.

...as long as the UK doesn't join that is.

Eh?
Old June 27th, 2007, 09:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

wrote:
I still remember how completely odd my first kiss was. I've had more
passionate interactions with light switches.

I bet the second time you chose a girl and it was better?

Second time he chose an electric socket and it was a lot more
stimulating.

B;