17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

Old June 27th, 2007, 09:38 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default 17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

On 27 jun, 10:16, Martin wrote:

I knew somebody who lived in Frascati,

That looks like the first line of a limerick ...

Old June 27th, 2007, 11:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

B Vaughan wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:35:41 +0100, (David Horne,
_the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:33:16 +0100,
(David Horne,
_the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

Ironically, nearly all of the flights I take with my partner into the UK
are from EEA/EU countries, and he gets through passport control quicker
than me!

When I go to the US, my husband often gets through the non US citizen
line quicker than I get through the citizen line.

He must be lucky enough to get to the front of the line quickly. It's
never happened once to me when I've gone with my partner. The last 3 or
4 years, it's taken on average an hour for me to get through US
immigration, either in Boston or NYC.

Maybe on planes coming from Italy a larger proportion of the
passengers are US citizens.

That's quite possible (my flights have been from UK, France, Germany and
the the Netherlands mostly), but there's also the set up. It takes a lot
less time to process a US citizen than someone else. As a very
unscientific guess, I'd say a third less- especially since all the
finger print/photo stuff started. Usually at NYC airports and Boston,
there are always at least as many windows for US citizens than
foreigners- frequently more- so the US citizens get processed much
quicker, and then their windows 'revert' to processing non-citizens.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:14:00 +0200, Martin wrote:

Time to work Frascati into it.

Poetic license.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

_the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:

[...]

At JFK, there seem to be fewer windows for US citizens than for
foreigners, as would make sense, depending on the proportion of
travellers who are foreigners.