17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

Old June 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default 17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

B Vaughan wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:00:12 +0100, (David Horne,
_the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:35:41 +0100,
(David Horne,
_the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:

When I go to the US, my husband often gets through the non US citizen
line quicker than I get through the citizen line.

He must be lucky enough to get to the front of the line quickly. It's
never happened once to me when I've gone with my partner. The last 3 or
4 years, it's taken on average an hour for me to get through US
immigration, either in Boston or NYC.

Maybe on planes coming from Italy a larger proportion of the
passengers are US citizens.

That's quite possible (my flights have been from UK, France, Germany and
the the Netherlands mostly), but there's also the set up. It takes a lot
less time to process a US citizen than someone else. As a very
unscientific guess, I'd say a third less- especially since all the
finger print/photo stuff started. Usually at NYC airports and Boston,
there are always at least as many windows for US citizens than
foreigners- frequently more- so the US citizens get processed much
quicker, and then their windows 'revert' to processing non-citizens.

At JFK, there seem to be fewer windows for US citizens than for
foreigners, as would make sense, depending on the proportion of
travellers who are foreigners.

Certainly not at the terminal I arrived at a couple of years ago.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

_the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:
[...]

I went through JFK twice recently, and the immigration process was
very fast. Horribly rude, but very fast. The bags ... took over an
hour to appear :-(

B;

Old June 27th, 2007, 12:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:08:15 GMT, "William Black"

wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:33:16 +0100, (David Horne,
_the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

William Black wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in
message
[]
The only thing I can think is that it may have said something like
"British and other EEA/EU" passports. I don't think it's legal to
have
UK only line. I enter the country a dozen or so times a year, and I
simply don't remember such a line, at least in the last decade or
so-
can't say I ever remember one...

Could be.

My 'significant other' doesn't have an EEA/EU passport so we just head
for
the 'aliens/criminals/terrorist suspects' line. Something that is
something
of a pain when a couple of planes full of US tourists have just
arrived
and
are heading for a golf competition in Scotland via various UK shuttle
flights (and yes, that has happened, last Early May Bank Holiday...)

Ironically, nearly all of the flights I take with my partner into the UK
are from EEA/EU countries, and he gets through passport control quicker
than me!

I always take the non EU queue, when the EU queue is long.

Unfortunately this option is not open to us.

I thought it was your only option. I know it doesn't work the other way
for
non-EU passport holders.

It worked for us when we came back from Holland on the boat. There wasn't
anyone else in the Non EC resident queue.

Unfortunately the passport person wanted to chat...

Not that we were in any hurry.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old June 27th, 2007, 12:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:25:23 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:22:09 +0200, B wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:14:00 +0200, Martin wrote:

Time to work Frascati into it.

Poetic license.

You can do it :-)

OK, but I changed the subject:

A certain young lad from Frascati
was too drunk to distinguish the potty
He peed in a socket,
took off like a rocket,
So now he resides in Bunratty.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old June 27th, 2007, 01:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:37:26 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:37:00 +0200, B wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:25:23 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:22:09 +0200, B wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:14:00 +0200, Martin wrote:

Time to work Frascati into it.

Poetic license.

You can do it :-)

OK, but I changed the subject:

A certain young lad from Frascati
was too drunk to distinguish the potty
He peed in a socket,
took off like a rocket,
So now he resides in Bunratty.

pedant mode

Nah it was the dog. The man from Frascati lives in retirement in Cambridge.

You're really hard to please! How about:

A certain young hound from Frascati
was careless in choosing a potty.

Old June 27th, 2007, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:34:33 +0100, The
Reid has scripted:

Following up to Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

I still remember how completely odd my first kiss was. I've had more
passionate interactions with light switches.

I bet the second time you chose a girl and it was better?

The second time was with another girl, believe it or not. Talk about
the effect of peer pressure. Like all addictions, they take a while to
grow on you.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 27th, 2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:54:50 +0200, B
has scripted:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:38:52 -0700, wrote:

On 27 jun, 10:16, Martin wrote:

I knew somebody who lived in Frascati,

That looks like the first line of a limerick ...

There was a young fellow from Crockett
whose dog took a **** in the socket
he let out a howl,
a bow-wow, a YE_OWW
and took off like the arc of a rocket

) Very nice.
--
---
DFM -
Old June 27th, 2007, 09:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:36:00 +0100, The
Reid has scripted:

Following up to Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

Why? Almost 50% of the UK support admitting Turkey-

do they really! Thats a surprise.

...as long as the UK doesn't join that is.

Eh?

UK... join the EU... y'know, was trying to be funny but it died in the
arse and all that.
--
---
Old June 28th, 2007, 06:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

And judging by the make-up and fashions worn by the average
teen-age girl nowadays, why wouldn't he believe she was as
old or older?

The way the law is written, it doesn't matter. Society prefers to ignore the
reality of sexual activity in people under 18, often with bizarre results.