Alaska cruise: Glacier Bay vs. Hubbard Glacier

Old November 13th, 2003, 10:49 AM
AnneHandel

Default Alaska cruise: Glacier Bay vs. Hubbard Glacier

Tried the Hubbard last summer. Heavy fog kept us out. The captain tried.

Glacier Bay is beautiful. I had been there three times. That would be my
choice. I have heard of too many misses of Hubbard.

Anne
Old November 13th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Bicepeak

Definitely choose Glacier Bay if you can.They are both beautiful, but Glacier
Bay seems more scenery intensive for a longer period of time.
Sean
Old November 13th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Tobie Gerbrandt

On our first cruise to Alaska, Sept. '96 (Old Rotterdam), we were scheduled
to do Hubbard Glacier. It was cancelled due to high seas and wind. Very
disappointed, this was our main reason for cruising Alaska. We have since
done one 7day Norwegian Wind, and back-to-back Sun Princess cruises that
went to Glacier Bay. It was Marvelous.

In Sept, 2003, we did another back-to-back (Legend of the Seas). It went to
Hibbard Glacier (twice). While Hubbard was quite impressive, I would highly
recommend Glacier Bay, over Hubbard, for a first-time Alaska cruiser.

Tobiebooked on Island Princess Christmas Cruise (33 days and counting)

"AnneHandel" wrote in message
Tried the Hubbard last summer. Heavy fog kept us out. The captain tried.

Glacier Bay is beautiful. I had been there three times. That would be my
choice. I have heard of too many misses of Hubbard.

Anne

---

Old November 14th, 2003, 01:57 AM
ccsuwxman

"AnneHandel" wrote in message
Tried the Hubbard last summer. Heavy fog kept us out. The captain tried.

Glacier Bay is beautiful. I had been there three times. That would be my
choice. I have heard of too many misses of Hubbard.

Anne

I was at Hubbard in summer of 2000. Absolutely gorgeous day, blue skies,
cool weather. Lots of calving with unbelievable sound and splash. Ship
spent almost 90 minutes at the glacier, getting as close as 300 yards or so.
This was on RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas.

There is no rhyme or reason to Alaska weather. The fact that you missed
Hubbard because of fog is not indicative of one versus another.

Old November 14th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Theresa

Definitley Glacier Bay!