Nizza

Old September 14th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Marco Andrey

Default Nizza

I would like to spend 2 weeks in Nizza to learn French.
Has anybody already been there?
I'm looking for a family who could give me a room for two weeks.

Thanks for all informations like phone numbers and e-mail adresses.
Marco

Old September 14th, 2003, 10:04 PM
tim

"Marco Andrey" wrote in message
I would like to spend 2 weeks in Nizza to learn French.

lesson 1

In french, the town is called Nice.

tim

Old September 15th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Marco Andrey

"Nice" could create missunderstandings. Nizza is clearer.

marco

Old September 15th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Barbara Vaughan

Marco Andrey wrote:

"Nice" could create missunderstandings. Nizza is clearer.

I think Nice would be almost universally understood. It's the name in
both French and English, and I believe is the name used in most of the
rest of Europe as well. I had never heard of Nizza until I came to
Italy, and it took me a while to realize it was Nice.

Barbara
Old September 15th, 2003, 08:23 PM
tim

"Marco Andrey" wrote in message
"Nice" could create missunderstandings.

with what? a packet of biscuits!

Nizza

Um, I wonder how many people haven't the faintest idea where it
is?

is clearer.

marco

Old September 15th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Luca Logi

Barbara Vaughan wrote:

I had never heard of Nizza until I came to
Italy, and it took me a while to realize it was Nice.

From 1338 Nizza (aka as Nice) belonged to the Savoia family, and was
transferred to France only in 1860, in a complex politic and military
deal that leveraged the birth of the united Italy kingdom under the
Savoia - to the grief, for example, of the Italian hero Giuseppe
Garibaldi that was born there and considered giving it to the French as
little short of a treason.

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:
Old September 15th, 2003, 09:15 PM
N! Xau

"Marco Andrey" wrote...

I would like to spend 2 weeks in Nizza to learn French.
Has anybody already been there?
I'm looking for a family who could give me a room for two weeks.

Thanks for all informations like phone numbers and e-mail adresses.
Marco

Besides the other - rather useful - answers about the city name,
here is a recent announcement for a room.
http://www.cote.azur.fr/annonces/ann...nts_1_3170.htm

You can also give a call to
ASSOCIATION FAMILLES & JEUNESSE
4, rue Masséna - 06000 NICE
Tél: 04 93 822 822 - Fax: 04 93 881 286

Nice or Nizza, or whatever, is really a wonderful place.
You'll love your stay.
Don't forget a walk along Cours Saleya and the Vieux Nice in the morning,
a tour at The Chateau just before the sunset,
try to live the central area "La zonne pietonne" at night,
and many other things you'll see by yourself !

bye
N! Xau

Old September 15th, 2003, 09:15 PM
N! Xau

"Luca Logi" wrote in message

Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:

toh, Mr Logi, here also!

bye
N! Xau

Old September 15th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Luca Logi

N! Xau wrote:

Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:

toh, Mr Logi, here also!

Since several years, ber mi' palle :-)

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:

Old September 15th, 2003, 10:12 PM
David Horne

Barbara Vaughan wrote:

I think Nice would be almost universally understood. It's the name in
both French and English, and I believe is the name used in most of the
rest of Europe as well. I had never heard of Nizza until I came to
Italy, and it took me a while to realize it was Nice.

When I went there with my partner, he referred to it as Niza! (Spanish)

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.co.uk
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk