Willderness Hermit Charlie & Death Valley in Calif.

Old December 28th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Wldernic Hermit Charlie

Default Willderness Hermit Charlie & Death Valley in Calif.

Hi All. My name is Charlie
I live in the wilderness areas along a remote stretch
of the Southern California coast between Carrillo
State Beach near Pint Dome by Zomma Beach and the
Gaveota Bend 60 mi. west of Malibu.

I'm a laid back, mellow kind of fellow.

I have been on a spiritual jurnny most of my life.

My favorite food is pizza with anchovies or grunions.
grunion are small fish (1/2" to 3 or 4")(Leuresthes
tenuis) that live in the serf zone of coastal waters
of Southern California. They spawns in the wet sands
of deserted beaches during high tides at night, April
thru October, They are legal to catch by hand and
without any kind of license. It's a lot of fun going
out at night to a deserted beach by your self to fish
for grunion (its called grunion running for a good
reason). You can't use a flashlight win you go
grunioning. If the fish see any light except that
provided by the moon and stares they won't come on the
sand to spawn. I always enjoy all the solitude. It
gives me lots of time to reflect on things while
waiting for the tied to rise. It's a good time to
listen to all the dolphins chirping with excitement
and the many seals and sea lions witch have the
loudest barks as they also what in anticipation for
the grunion to make a made dash for shore and back to
sea. I always try to listen to all the sounds of
nature that way later the next day or even week or
months later my voices often tern into dolphins
chirping or sea lions barking. Quiet an experience to
have when your miles inland and you keep hearing
dolphins and sea lions every where you go.

The qualities I look for in a friend, is some one I can be myself with.
Some one I have something in
common with. How is not going to judge, or change me. However will
give me enough feedback that I can judge and change myself.

I work sometimes as a janitor and have other duties in Santa Barbara.
I'm an Acoustical Carpenter by trade and have helped in install
meanly of the sealing at UCSB. My biggest challenge and ccomplishment
as a carpenter was installing the sealing at Campbell Hall.

I'm interested in in visiting Deth Valley and would like to camp at
the Furnice Creek Campgrunds. Some time dering the spring. Perfrabily a
week or two after a good rain. And would like to hear from others how
would like to visit D.V. Park during that time of year.

I do not have a car but do I have a National park viesiters permit.
Wicth gives me have off on camp sites and I can have an extra tent and
person for free.

I would describe my self as a kind of hermit I've lived by myself
for so long I wouldn't know how to adjust to living yn a big city. No
I'm not looking for a camping budy. I am too much of an indepindent
type. I would like to hear from anyone how would like to share the
expences of travel from eather Los Angeles, CA. or Las Vages, NE. to
Death Valley.

My favorite film would probably be it's a Wild, Wild, Wild World.
My much-loved TV show is Gilligan's Island.

Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:10 PM
Wldernic Hermit Charlie

I should be up front. I am willing to pay for all the gasoline going
and coming from Death Valley. If anyone wants to go.

Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:10 PM
Wldernic Hermit Charlie