Europeans held hostage in their own land?

Old September 29th, 2006, 03:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sultan Salahuddin

Default Europeans held hostage in their own land?

"I thought it was only the French who are being held hostage by the
foreigners living amongst them.

Today, we learned that Germany is as fearful of their immigrants as
well."

http://cultural-obsession.blogspot.com

Old September 29th, 2006, 05:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On 28 Sep 2006 19:46:23 -0700, "Sultan Salahuddin"
wrote:

"I thought it was only the French who are being held hostage by the
foreigners living amongst them.

Today, we learned that Germany is as fearful of their immigrants as
well."

http://cultural-obsession.blogspot.com

It was a decision on the part of the opera house. They were urged
by the government not to cancel.

Old September 29th, 2006, 06:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sultan Salahuddin

Don't be surprised if there's a protest or someone from that opera gets
the 'fatwa.'

Old September 29th, 2006, 06:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Viking

wrote:

"I thought it was only the French who are being held hostage by the
foreigners living amongst them.

Today, we learned that Germany is as fearful of their immigrants as
well."

http://cultural-obsession.blogspot.com

It was a decision on the part of the opera house. They were urged
by the government not to cancel.

Presumably, they could have simply omitted the part with the severed
heads.

Old September 29th, 2006, 06:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Sultan Salahuddin wrote:

Don't be surprised if there's a protest or someone from that opera gets
the 'fatwa.'

That's a common problem with opera singers. I put it down to them not
being able to eat their main meal until very late.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://www.davidhorne.net/pictures.html http://soundjunction.org
Old September 29th, 2006, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Magda wrote:

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:53:39 +0100, in rec.travel.europe,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the
royal duchy of city south and deansgate) arranged some electrons, so they
looked like this:

... ... Sultan Salahuddin wrote:
... ...
... ... Don't be surprised if there's a protest or someone from that
... ... opera gets the 'fatwa.'
... ...
... ... That's a common problem with opera singers. I put it down to
... ... them not being able to eat their main meal until very late.
... ROTFL
... Not a problem for everybody... I lost 3 Kg when rehearsing for
... "Nabucco". Singing is a great exercise.
... Hey- I didn't know you sang! Next time we meet, we should do a duet! I
... have the bleating baritone voice typical of many male composers!

In my good days I'm soprano coloratura... (kidding!)

You would make a good Queen of the Night!

Old September 30th, 2006, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ganesh

wrote:

"I thought it was only the French who are being held hostage by the
foreigners living amongst them.

Today, we learned that Germany is as fearful of their immigrants as
well."

http://cultural-obsession.blogspot.com

It was a decision on the part of the opera house. They were urged
by the government not to cancel.

Presumably, they could have simply omitted the part with the severed
heads.

Of course not! That would be like amputating the limbs of the limbs of
the opera. You don't do that with art, you know...
You either show the whole piece or you show nothing at all...

Just my 2C
Ganesh
Old September 30th, 2006, 08:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ganesh

wrote:

"I thought it was only the French who are being held hostage by the
foreigners living amongst them.

Today, we learned that Germany is as fearful of their immigrants as
well."

http://cultural-obsession.blogspot.com

It was a decision on the part of the opera house. They were urged
by the government not to cancel.

Presumably, they could have simply omitted the part with the severed
heads.

Of course not! That would be like amputating the limbs of the opera. You