Apartments In Mooloolaba

Old April 4th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Nick \(UK\)

Default Apartments In Mooloolaba

Can anyone recommend a modern sc/bb apartment in Mooloolaba, for say up to
A$120 per night. There are two of us and we are looking to stay for a week
or so between Christmas and New Year.

This is the sort of thing I'm looking at

http://www.beachsidemooloolaba.com.au/home.htm

Many thanks.

Old April 4th, 2005, 01:50 AM
A Mate

NO!

Between Christmas and New Year is absolute 'super-peak' time.

Rates then are 4 and 5 times the usual rate. Everywhere!! It's mid-summer,
in the middle of the loooong summer school vacation. Rates in the couple of
weeks before Christmas are quite good usually! The weather then is glorious.

They drop again about the end of January!

Old April 4th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Anette

"Nick (UK)"
Can anyone recommend a modern sc/bb apartment in Mooloolaba, for say up to
A$120 per night. There are two of us and we are looking to stay for a

week
or so between Christmas and New Year.

This is the sort of thing I'm looking at
http://www.beachsidemooloolaba.com.au/home.htm

Many thanks.

----

A$120 per night for that week is probably not going to get you anything in
M'laba - expect 150-175(+)

I'd recommend the Excellsior. Stayed there for 3 months 2002-03 and again in
Nov. 2003. The street is a bit more quiet and you get somewhat of a view.
Definitely pick this one over Beachside!

http://www.excellsior.com.au/

I don't think the availability check works coz then they'd be full all year!
---

The Beach Club is also ok, but you'll want deluxe or at least rooftop
http://www.beachclub.com.au/

Anette

Old April 4th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Scotty

Try the Nautilus, just about 120m from the beach and has pool etc. Dont
expect to much for $150 per night that time of the year unless you intend in
having 10 dossers in with you! Try around the $170-$200 mark for that
month. Unless you book and pay in full now for this Christmas that may get
you a better rate. Id definately call them direct and not reley on the net
for prices. Usually very different when you call direct. We stayed there
and paid $120 per night and website starts at $150 or something like that.
Go for something back about 1km or so from the beach, still walking distance
and you pay waaaaayyyy less. For the money that you save in accomodation you
can go to www.underwaterworld.com.au and the surf club for dinner etc. Taxis
to go 1km to hotel etc would be around the $7 mark Id guess each way. Walk
it and save even more if your able to. Unless your hearts set on Mooloolaba
try further South like Dicky Beach or Caloundra beach. Cheaper but not quite
as nice. Stay away from Surfers Paradise at that time of the year unless
your a lot closer to your teens than me. They run the joint at that time of
the year (or so they like to think so).

Good luck, hope that helps you out.

Old April 24th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Nick \(UK\)

"Nick (UK)" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a modern sc/bb apartment in Mooloolaba, for say up to
A$120 per night. There are two of us and we are looking to stay for a
week or so between Christmas and New Year.

This is the sort of thing I'm looking at

http://www.beachsidemooloolaba.com.au/home.htm

Many thanks.

Apologies, that should have been up to A$180 per night.

Old April 24th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Scotty

Cant go wrong with the Nautilus Apartments then. Very close to beach adn
they have a pool etc easy parking on site (Secure) and nice staff.
Reasonable rates as well.

Scotty.