Sailing, sailing over the bounding Main.

Old December 12th, 2010, 10:14 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
Runge 126

Default Sailing, sailing over the bounding Main.

Lol the old man calls that a curse, he spends his whole remnant of life
crossposting various newsgroups !!!

"Earl Evleth" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

On 11/12/10 19:02, in article ,
"John Rennie" wrote:

I am posting and checking email at ship's online computer center at $.
65/ min.

US$0.65/minute to troll usenet? You don't happen to own an iPad, do
you? I know an app there that you would just love...

With any luck peejay might make the Bermuda Triangle.

The nice thing about a sail boat is that one is separated from the
world, no communications, no newspapers no TV. We matched that a bit
in Greece until our hotel got Wi-Fi and the curse of communication
returned.

Old December 12th, 2010, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

As a result of this most enjoyable cruise with Royal Caribbean my wife
and I are considering the possibilities in the many exotic
destinations for a future cruise with them since they operate all over
the world

Sorry, I had to remove the cross-posting.

We cruise mostly with Royal Caribbean and we are very pleased with the
line. The service is always excellent. I think they train their crews
better than some of the other lines. I love the production shows and
the ice shows are just awesome. The food is always good and sometimes
even great.

We are sailing in 3 weeks on Voyager of the Seas. It will be my 5th
voyage on that ship. You can tell I like her :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:56 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

On Dec 12, 5:03*pm, "Ari Silverstein, C.T.A."
wrote:
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:50:22 -0800 (PST), O'Donovan, PJ, Himself
wrote:

We disembarked this morning and I am posting this from a Hampton Inn
in Valdosta Georgia on our way back driving to our mountain house in
North Georgia.

Better get through Atlanta between 1400 and 1530 or you are
screwed...even on a Sunday.
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services *
I never have nor ever will solicit or accept a booking.

Thanx for the advice but we are overnight here in Valdosta after
driving from Canaveral and will be driving I 75 through the Atlanta
urban quagmire tomorrow. Sometimes it can;'t be avoided and one must
grin and bear it. We bear with it only when we have to, mostly finding
it necessary to drive south from the mountain house to fly out of
Hartsfield.

Our winter house is located west of here in Valdosta and we actually
have a favorite steak house in Valdosta and staying overnight gives us
an excuse to enjoy some of their good beef again. From our winter
house we usually connect to Hartsfield from Tallahasse FL, Albany GA
or Dothan AL

We are heading north to our house in the mountains because we are
driving even further north stopping in North Carolina, Pennsylvania
and New Jersey to visit with family over the Xmas holidays before
flying to Honolulu to stay in our condo for a couple of weeks in
January.
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:19 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 15:56:28 -0800 (PST), O'Donovan, PJ, Himself
wrote:

We disembarked this morning and I am posting this from a Hampton Inn
in Valdosta Georgia on our way back driving to our mountain house in
North Georgia.

Better get through Atlanta between 1400 and 1530 or you are
screwed...even on a Sunday.
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services *
I never have nor ever will solicit or accept a booking.

Thanx for the advice but we are overnight here in Valdosta after
driving from Canaveral and will be driving I 75 through the Atlanta
urban quagmire tomorrow. Sometimes it can;'t be avoided and one must
grin and bear it. We bear with it only when we have to, mostly finding
it necessary to drive south from the mountain house to fly out of
Hartsfield.

Coming either from the N or S, we used to take the Loop to get to
Hartsfield or the top end just so to not have to literally sit in
traffic.

Loverly Valdosta, spent many a moon there. It should have been in
Florida with the sandy soil, flat land and hot-assed summer weather.

We had a place in Big Canoe in the 90s before the good governor put in
his new highway. Elijay in the 80s.

Our winter house is located west of here in Valdosta and we actually
have a favorite steak house in Valdosta and staying overnight gives us
an excuse to enjoy some of their good beef again. From our winter
house we usually connect to Hartsfield from Tallahasse FL, Albany GA
or Dothan AL

When I was a /very/ active (800+ hours annually) private pilot, I used
Dothan quite a bit as a hop to Panama City area for a quick refuel.

We are heading north to our house in the mountains because we are
driving even further north stopping in North Carolina, Pennsylvania
and New Jersey to visit with family over the Xmas holidays before
flying to Honolulu to stay in our condo for a couple of weeks in
January.

That's really nice, I hope you have good holidays.

Man, are you busy.
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:20 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:50:01 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

As a result of this most enjoyable cruise with Royal Caribbean my wife
and I are considering the possibilities in the many exotic
destinations for a future cruise with them since they operate all over
the world

We cruise mostly with Royal Caribbean and we are very pleased with the
line. The service is always excellent. I think they train their crews
better than some of the other lines. I love the production shows and
the ice shows are just awesome. The food is always good and sometimes
even great.

We are sailing in 3 weeks on Voyager of the Seas. It will be my 5th
voyage on that ship. You can tell I like her :-)

+100 on that, our first cruise was VOTS followed by EOTS.
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:26 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

wrote:

We are heading north to our house in the mountains because we are
driving even further north stopping in North Carolina, Pennsylvania
and New Jersey to visit with family over the Xmas holidays before
flying to Honolulu to stay in our condo for a couple of weeks in
January.

That's really nice, I hope you have good holidays.

Thank you and the same to you.
Old December 13th, 2010, 01:51 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
John Rennie

On 12/12/2010 22:13, Werner wrote:
On Dec 12, 1:57 pm, "Ari Silverstein, C.T.A."
wrote:
On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 15:10:29 -0800 (PST), Werner wrote:
On Dec 11, 1:21 pm, Earl wrote:
On 11/12/10 18:09, in article
, "Werner"

wrote:
I remember my first cruise. The ship hit bad weather and a lot
Rosenthal china broke. Which line are you on? And have a good cruise.

Taking a cruise is not sailing! Those that sail are quite snob
about it and look down on the couch potatoes on the cruises.

Taking a cruise is standard with the petite bourgeoisie.
Personally I have always sailed in the Caribbean, from
Granada to the BVI.

I have a little sailboat in Newfoudland. see
http://web.me.com/whetzner/Hetzner/page_7.html
I don't look down on anybody, Earl.

Good looking kids, must take after Mom.
--

Indeed. I'm a lucky man.

You are - it's a lovely photograph.
Old December 13th, 2010, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 12/12/2010 6:20 PM, Ari Silverstein, C.T.A. wrote:
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:50:01 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

We cruise mostly with Royal Caribbean and we are very pleased with the
line. The service is always excellent. I think they train their crews
better than some of the other lines. I love the production shows and
the ice shows are just awesome. The food is always good and sometimes
even great.

We are sailing in 3 weeks on Voyager of the Seas. It will be my 5th
voyage on that ship. You can tell I like her :-)

+100 on that, our first cruise was VOTS followed by EOTS.

We did a 5 day Bermuda on Explorer last April. Fabulous ice show! I
think the Promenade Cafe on Voyager is better, but Explorer is a great
ship, too. Wonderful sail-away under the Verazanno bridge.
Old December 13th, 2010, 04:51 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.cruises
billzz

On Dec 12, 8:12*pm, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
"Earl Evleth" wrote in message

On 11/12/10 18:09, in article
,
"Werner"
wrote:

I remember my first cruise. The ship hit bad weather and a lot
Rosenthal china broke. Which line are you on? And have a good cruise.

Taking a cruise is not sailing! Those that sail are quite snob
about it and look down on the couch potatoes on the cruises.

Taking a cruise is standard with the petite bourgeoisie.
Personally I have always sailed in the Caribbean, from
Granada to the BVI.

Sounds more like envy here, Earl! *So stop with the "petite
bourgeoisie"...We have discussed this before and I still believe after 52
cruises and two sailboat experiences, I'll take cruising any day! A
trans-Atlantic will give you all the solitude that you do or do not want!

--Jean

I would think that even using the term, "petite bourgeoisie," was
looking for a fight. I took it as insulting someone. Not me. We do
not sail and we do not cruise.