DEAD ~ Skybus Airlines, ATA Airlines and Aloha Airlines

Old April 5th, 2008, 05:26 PM posted to alt.obituaries,rec.travel.air
Andy P. Jung[_2_]

Default DEAD ~ Skybus Airlines, ATA Airlines and Aloha Airlines

Wow, three U.S. based airlines closing shop for good in one week? That's a
triad of death!

April 5, 2008 - Skybus Airlines
April 2, 2008 - ATA Airlines
March 31, 2008 - Aloha Airlines

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

Old April 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM posted to alt.obituaries,rec.travel.air
DGH

-

Belly up.

Old April 6th, 2008, 04:34 AM posted to alt.obituaries,rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

On Apr 5, 10:26*am, "Andy P. Jung" @. wrote:
Wow, three U.S. based airlines closing shop for good in one week? That's a
triad of death!

April 5, 2008 - Skybus Airlines

I just wonder how they ever thought they could make by selling tickets
for $10 with oil at $50 a barrel and oil now at $100 or more.

Michael

Old April 6th, 2008, 05:03 AM posted to alt.obituaries,rec.travel.air
Jeff Hacker[_1_]

"Andy P. Jung" @. wrote in message
news
Wow, three U.S. based airlines closing shop for good in one week? That's a
triad of death!

April 5, 2008 - Skybus Airlines
April 2, 2008 - ATA Airlines
March 31, 2008 - Aloha Airlines
Add Champion Air, and the death watch is on for at least 2 others.

Old April 6th, 2008, 05:07 AM posted to alt.obituaries,rec.travel.air
Kurt Ullman

In article
,
" wrote:

On Apr 5, 10:26*am, "Andy P. Jung" @. wrote:
Wow, three U.S. based airlines closing shop for good in one week? That's a
triad of death!

April 5, 2008 - Skybus Airlines

I just wonder how they ever thought they could make by selling tickets
for $10 with oil at $50 a barrel and oil now at $100 or more.

"We lose money on every passenger.. but we make it up in volume" (g)
Old April 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM posted to alt.obituaries,rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

"George Max" wrote in message
On 05 Apr 2008 18:28:49 GMT, James Robinson wrote:

"Andy P. Jung" @. wrote:

Wow, three U.S. based airlines closing shop for good in one week?
That's a triad of death!

April 5, 2008 - Skybus Airlines
April 2, 2008 - ATA Airlines
March 31, 2008 - Aloha Airlines

Your list is missing a couple:

Big Sky Airlines
Champion Air (Charter)

And soon to shut down:

- Midwest subsidiary - Skyway Airlines
- Mesa subsidiary - Air Midwest.

I seem to recall that Midwest merely awarded a contract to someone
other than Skyway

Skyway is shutting down its flight operations as Midwest awarded its
commuter contract to Skywest Airlines (St. George, Utah). skywest also
operates commuter services for United (United Express) and Delta. They fly
CRJ's.

Mesa is shutting down Air Midwest as they are eliminating Beech 1900
equipment as not economical for their operations.

Old April 7th, 2008, 09:31 PM posted to alt.obituaries,rec.travel.air
Blake S

"Jeff Hacker" wrote in message

"Andy P. Jung" @. wrote in message
news
Wow, three U.S. based airlines closing shop for good in one week? That's
a triad of death!

April 5, 2008 - Skybus Airlines
April 2, 2008 - ATA Airlines
March 31, 2008 - Aloha Airlines
Add Champion Air, and the death watch is on for at least 2 others.

I'm gonna say Frontier Airlines, and maybe Allegiant, Sun Country, and/or
Spirit.

Old April 11th, 2008, 12:48 PM posted to alt.obituaries,rec.travel.air
Duh_OZ

On Apr 7, 3:31 pm, "Blake S" wrote:
"Jeff Hacker" wrote in message

"Andy P. Jung" @. wrote in message
news
Wow, three U.S. based airlines closing shop for good in one week? That's
a triad of death!

April 5, 2008 - Skybus Airlines
April 2, 2008 - ATA Airlines
March 31, 2008 - Aloha Airlines
Add Champion Air, and the death watch is on for at least 2 others.

I'm gonna sayFrontierAirlines, and maybe Allegiant, Sun Country, and/or
Spirit.

Speaking of Frontier: http://www.aviationnews.net/?do=headline&news_ID=153535

Snip:
Frontier Airlines Holdings and its subsidiaries Friday filed for
chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, following an unexpected attempt by
its principal credit card processor to substantially increase a
"holdback" of customer receipts, which threatened to severely affect
Frontier's liquidity, the carrier said in a statement.