Princess Alaska Wilderness Escapes!

Old July 30th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Princess Alaska Wilderness Escapes!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Princess and thought it would be of
interest. I suggest those of you that are thinking of booking a
cruise to do it soon. We are seeing many sold out sailings. Cabins
that are available are often times going up in price. If you have
missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

NEW ALASKA 2005 BROCHURE HIGHLIGHTS PRINCESS' EXCLUSIVE WILDERNESS
ESCAPE OPTIONS
Ground-breaking "Direct to the Wilderness" Rail Service Introduced

Princess Cruises has just released its new brochure to help passengers
escape into the Alaskan wilderness in 2005. The 120-page book details
all of Princess' cruise and cruisetour itinerary options for next
summer, including the debut of the line's new Direct to the Wilderness
rail service between Whittier and Denali, an industry first. Princess
will offer 125 departures in 2005, aboard seven ships, and featuring
three popular Alaska routes -- seven-day Gulf of Alaska sailings
between Vancouver and Whittier; seven-day Inside Passage from Seattle
and 10-day Inside Passage from San Francisco. On land, 35 cruisetours
options round out the offerings and the brochure provides helpful
hints and a cruisetour finder to assist passengers in planning their
land/sea vacation.
Highlights and itineraries for 2005 include:

Direct to the Wilderness -- Passengers will be able to get to the
wilderness faster than ever with the debut of the line's "Direct to
the Wilderness" rail program that will have trains ready and waiting
right at the Whittier dock. This exclusive rail service is an industry
first and will whisk passengers directly to Princess' two Denali
park-area lodges -- Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge or Mt. McKinley
Princess Wilderness Lodge -- via private direct-rail links. This
innovative program will significantly reduce travel time and decrease
the number of transfers needed on the way to the park. Guests will
arrive in the Denali area in the afternoon of the same day they
disembark their ship. As a result, Princess' cruisetours not only
offer the fastest way to the Denali area, but now every tour offers at
least two nights in the park area.

Cruisetours -- Passengers can create a full land/sea wilderness
adventure with by adding one of Princess' 35 land itinerary options,
each offering at least two nights at Alaska's number one land
attraction, Denali National Park. Princess' five wilderness lodges --
Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge, McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge,
Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge, Copper River Princess Wilderness
Lodge and Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge -- each offer dramatic
riverfront locations in some of Alaska's most stunning destinations.

Voyage of the Glaciers -- Princess again offers seven-day sailings on
its signature "Voyage of the Glaciers" itinerary between Vancouver and
Whittier. The 2005 Alaska cruise season features new sister ships
Coral Princess and Island Princess on alternating Saturday departures.
They will be joined by Sun Princess and Dawn Princess, which set sail
each Monday on either a northbound or southbound cruise. Sailing
between May 7 and September 12, the ships offers passengers the
opportunity to explore the ports of Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan,
plus cruising through the spectacular scenery of College Fjord, the
Inside Passage and Alaska's number one attraction, Glacier Bay
National Park.

Diamond Princess and Sapphire Princess Sail From Seattle -- The
largest cruise ships to ply Alaskan waters, Diamond Princess and
Sapphire Princess return to Seattle to offer seven-day roundtrip
voyages calling at Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Victoria, plus
cruising through the dramatic glaciers, rock walls and waterfalls of
Tracy Arm and the twin Sawyer Glaciers. Diamond Princess will offer 20
voyages on this itinerary departing on Saturdays between May 7 and
September 17, 2005, while Sapphire Princess will offer 19 voyages
departing on Sundays, beginning May 15 and continuing through
September 18.

Regal Princess from San Francisco -- Regal Princess will offer 14
departures between May 8 and September 15 on a 10-day Inside Passage
itinerary roundtrip from "The City by the Bay," San Francisco.
Passengers have a choice of itineraries that feature calls at
Victoria, Juneau and two other scenic Alaska ports that rotate between
Ketchikan, Sitka, Skagway or Haines. All voyages also offer premiere
glacier viewing in Tracy Arm.
Copies of Princess' new brochure are available from professional
travel agents or by clicking on the "Brochures" link at
www.princess.com. Brochures may also be downloaded in pdf format from
the website. Additional information is available through a
professional travel agent.

Old August 1st, 2004, 08:48 PM

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunitly it's just another example of things about the pricess web
site that frustrate me.

I'm planning a trip on princess for Summer 2005. So after reading
your message I bopped on over to the pricess web site to download the
brochure. First off they want all my contact info before I can access
the brochure page. I'm rather hesitant to give them that based on my
experience with other cruise lines. You order one little brochure and
get multiple emails/day for life.

However I really wanted to see the Alaska 2005 brochure so I gave them
the info. Only to receive a "bad page" error when I clicked on the
brochure link. No problem, I've had this type of error several times
with the pricess web site. I just went to a diffrent page on the site
and tried again. This time the brochure page loaded but guess what?
The Alaska 2005 brochure is NOT among the downloadable brochures.
Making the entire effort a waist of time. Although I expect that now
that I gave my email address I will be sure to receive all sorts of
email from them.

Add this to the fact that they run one of the slowest overall web
sites I've ever seen and it makes me think seriuosly about booking
with another cruise line.

Old August 1st, 2004, 09:52 PM
Charles

In article ,
" wrote:

Add this to the fact that they run one of the slowest overall web
sites I've ever seen and it makes me think seriuosly about booking
with another cruise line.

In my opinion most of the cruise web sites are slow. And there is
always problems on the weekends. As for getting Princess e-mail. I want
to get them but never do!!! I do get lots of snail mail from them
though. I suspect it may be early for the Alaska 2005 brochure.

The one that I find most frustrating is Carnival. Try doing their "Fun
Pass" or accessing your reservation. Ugh.

--
Charles

Old August 1st, 2004, 10:48 PM

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 16:49:58 -0400, Lee Lindquist wrote:

Many experienced cruises do use the speed of the
cruise line's web site in selecting a cruise.

True to be sure, but since I'm a virgin cruiser I don't have that type
of experience to draw on. All I have at this point is how I'm
treated pre-sale and that really boils down to the web site. I'm way
to retentive to just call a travel agent and ask them what trip to
take. I'll do my reaseach first and then ask their advice on what I
have planned. A friendly well run web site is important to me.

Old August 1st, 2004, 10:50 PM

Charles:

If I do start getting them, I'll be happy to forward them on to you.
Although the Lighthouse folks that started this thread seem to be
fairly good at keeping us up to date with announcements.

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 16:52:00 -0400, Charles