What makes it

Old August 5th, 2005, 01:04 AM
W.R

Default What makes it

Hello Everyone

My wife and I are currently looking at purchasing
an existing "resort" in Michigan. Its on a lake and
has several boats to rent and cabins with a kitchen.

We are thinking of purchasing Jet-Ski's, Snowmobiles
and ATV's for rentals.

We would provide guided trail rides for the ATV's
and if asked may do the same for the snowmobiles.

I would like to get an indication of what it takes to
have an extremely good resort. What do you look
for before you decide to vacation somewhere ?

You can of course respond here or you may if you
wish email us directly at

Wayne

Old August 8th, 2005, 04:23 AM
wayne

you must have a lot of capitol to buy the place and then invest
thousands of dollars on jet Ski's etc. I would think you would be
better off talking to a place that already does the rentals and having
them supply your resort with the equipment. Then you don't need a
mechanic on site to do maintenance have to store them during the off
season or worry about insurance and liability so much!

I look for a place that has what I am looking for in a vacation if it
is by a lake fishing of all types would be important along with lessons
and boats. Canoes paddle boats horseback riding. Outdoor cookout kids
programs for other people things like cell phone service or wireless
Internet access are nice. Adult evening activities depending upon the
size of the resort can vary quite a bit.

It is important to have a quality web site that provides information
people want pictures of the rooms and the resort sample menus
activities pricing cancellation policies etc.. Since you are in
Michigan you may want to go to a couple of resorts for a short vacation
at places that will be your competitors and see how they do things!

Wayne