SUSAN in ANCHORAGE, AK

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Jean O'Boyle

Default SUSAN in ANCHORAGE, AK

Susan,
We are planning our cruise to Alaska in July...Last July, we stayed at the
Holiday Inn in downtown Anchorage...It was very convenient to everything
including the Alaska Railroad (to go to Seward and board the ship) and also
close to the Avis car rental place on 5th St. Its proximity to downtown and
shopping was a plus...When I tried to book it today, I was told by the
Holiday Inn people that the hotel was no longer part of their chain..Do you
possibly know the name of it now and its phone number? I'd appreciate your
help or anyone else's who might know...

TIA,
--Jean

Old February 24th, 2005, 11:29 PM
jcoulter

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in
. com:

Susan,
We are planning our cruise to Alaska in July...Last July, we stayed at
the Holiday Inn in downtown Anchorage...It was very convenient to
everything including the Alaska Railroad (to go to Seward and board
the ship) and also close to the Avis car rental place on 5th St. Its
proximity to downtown and shopping was a plus...When I tried to book
it today, I was told by the Holiday Inn people that the hotel was no
longer part of their chain..Do you possibly know the name of it now
and its phone number? I'd appreciate your help or anyone else's who
might know...

TIA,
--Jean

from the Hotel & Travel index the local number is 907 793 5500 these
numbers rarely change when a property defranchises.

Old February 25th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"jcoulter" wrote in message

from the Hotel & Travel index the local number is 907 793 5500 these
numbers rarely change when a property defranchises.

Hi,
I dialed that number and got Howard Johnson Central Reservations.

Thanks anyway,

--Jean

Old February 25th, 2005, 11:16 AM

Huh? What do you mean, thanks anyway. It used to be a
Holiday Inn and now it's a Howard Johnson. Isn't that
what you wanted to know?

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"jcoulter" wrote in message

from the Hotel & Travel index the local number is 907 793 5500 these
numbers rarely change when a property defranchises.

Hi,
I dialed that number and got Howard Johnson Central Reservations.

Thanks anyway,

--Jean

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Katherine Becker "As god is my witness
I thought turkeys could fly"
NEVER SEND A FERRET TO DO A WEASEL's JOB --WKRP

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old February 25th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Fred

ighton.edu...

"jcoulter" wrote in message

from the Hotel & Travel index the local number is 907 793 5500 these
numbers rarely change when a property defranchises.

Hi,
I dialed that number and got Howard Johnson Central Reservations.

Thanks anyway,

--Jean

You will learn to not respond the head of the Girl's Club.

Old February 25th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"jcoulter" wrote in message

from the Hotel & Travel index the local number is 907 793 5500 these
numbers rarely change when a property defranchises.

I was not too sure that we wanted to stay at a HJO after checking out the
number that you gave me.. After posting my answer to you, I called them back
and asked for the address of the property in question and learned that it is
indeed the place that we stayed in while in Anchorage last July....After
bringing its site up online,and seeing it again, I booked it because of its
proximity to everything in Anchorage that we were interested in...
Thanks for your help!

--Jean

Old February 25th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Jean O'Boyle

wrote in message
ighton.edu...
Huh? What do you mean, thanks anyway. It used to be a
Holiday Inn and now it's a Howard Johnson. Isn't that
what you wanted to know?

Yes, that's what I wanted to know..And at first, I was not sure about
staying at a HJO....so the "thanks anyway."
After checking it out, we reconsidered and booked...
By the way, I don't think that you are the one who needs an explanation.

--Jean

Old February 26th, 2005, 05:25 PM
AkSusan

Sorry Jean didn't log onto this morning.

You are right they are no longer part of Holiday Inn, not sure when but
they've rebranded to a Howard Johnson's.

Old February 26th, 2005, 05:27 PM
AkSusan

Jean,

Sounds like you got it worked out. Not sure what days you'll be here
but the Saturday Market which is basically right across the street from
the Howard Johnson's will now be called the Anchorage Festival Market
and be held on Saturdays and Sundays. Even as a local I love going down
there. Fresh local vegetables and lots of local arts and crafts plus
all the other stuff that tourists want to look at :-}

Susan

Old February 27th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"AkSusan" wrote in message
Jean,

Sounds like you got it worked out. Not sure what days you'll be here
but the Saturday Market which is basically right across the street from
the Howard Johnson's will now be called the Anchorage Festival Market and
be held on Saturdays and Sundays. Even as a local I love going down
there. Fresh local vegetables and lots of local arts and crafts plus all
the other stuff that tourists want to look at :-}

Hi Susan,
When we stayed there last July, we went to the Saturday Market..We watched
from our hotel window as farmers and vendors were arriving with their wares
and produce..There were some attired in what looked from the distance, Amish
clothes..Is there an Amish or Mennonite community near Anchorage? I really
enjoyed walking through all the craft stalls..

I love all the gorgeous flowers that you have blooming in your beautiful
city.. The purple and gold floral baskets lining the streets are so pretty..
I guess the long days and nights of sunlight really bring those profuse
blooms to life!

We will be staying there two nights and then driving to Denali Park Lodge
for four nights, returning to Anchorage on Friday, staying the night and
catching the train to Seward on Saturday morning. We'll stay overnight in
Seward and board the Ryndam on Sunday afternoon..Our granddaughter and
family live in Sitka...We really love Alaska! To get away from the Texas
heat in July, we like to head that way...although last year, you turned the
tables on us with your *heat wave!*

Thanks so much for responding!

--Jean