Paris apartment

Old April 10th, 2007, 04:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Viking

Default Paris apartment

On 9 Apr 2007 15:05:31 -0700, "PeterL" wrote:

On Apr 9, 2:58 pm, Spencer wrote:
I am hoping to spend five nights in Paris in September and am looking
for a self catering apartment to sleep one. Must be in a quiet and safe
district, close to Metro and market or supermarket. Up to 170 Euro per
night. Any recommendations?

Have you tried this?

http://paris.craigslist.org/sub/

Thanks, Peter, that's a great resource. We've been looking for apts in
Paris.
Old April 10th, 2007, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Apr 9, 10:36 pm, "Runge1" wrote:
All parts of Paris are safe, nothing like US cities with their dangerous
neighborhoods !

I guess images of rampaging youths burning cars in the streets are
filmed in a movie studio then.

Old April 10th, 2007, 06:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein

PeterL wrote:

On Apr 9, 10:36 pm, "Runge1" wrote:
All parts of Paris are safe, nothing like US cities with their dangerous
neighborhoods !

I guess images of rampaging youths burning cars in the streets are
filmed in a movie studio then.

IIRC, that happened outside Paris, i.e. not _intra muros_.

Y.

--
Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein
AADP's 'left-wing Jewish intellectual'
Old April 10th, 2007, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
GG

"irwell" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:58:06 +1200, Spencer wrote:

I am hoping to spend five nights in Paris in September and am looking
for a self catering apartment to sleep one. Must be in a quiet and safe
district, close to Metro and market or supermarket. Up to 170 Euro per
night. Any recommendations?

Stay in a hotel, those self catering apartments can be a pain in
the neck, especially if your command of French is limited.
They need a huge security deposit, you have to arrange to collect keys
and bedding etc., memorize entrance codes, then you are on your
own in a strange building with maybe not so nice neighbours.

They are great for a couple, or families spending a week or more,
but for five nights a nice hotel will be much better, and maybe
cheaper.

A compromise between hotel and apartment could be a studio at one of the
Citadines locations in Paris. www.citadines.com . The only caveat is that
the bed in the studio is usually a fold-out sofabed.

GG

Old April 10th, 2007, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
cybermamy[_2_]

hello

Go on this site and have a nice trip

http://www.homelidays.com/

Sincerely yours
Eveline
www.bandb-villa-bali.com

Old April 14th, 2007, 07:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
GG

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:23:28 -0400, "GG" wrote:

"irwell" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

and as Irwell said "They need a huge security deposit" They close early,
if you
arrive late, you can't get in. If another customer lets you in you can't
get a
key.
--

Martin

Actually Citadines' policies are very similar to those of a hotel when
booking for a short stay. They require a one-night deposit which is fully
refundable if cancelled before noon on the day of arrival.
Don't know anything about issues with keys. When we stayed in Citadines, we
had our own key that opened the door after hours.

GG

Old April 15th, 2007, 04:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank F. Matthews

GG wrote:

"irwell" wrote in message

[...]

Pretty much everywhere I've seen a studio will have a sofa bed. There
have been occasional Murphy beds but most are sofas.

Old April 15th, 2007, 09:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
GG

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

GG wrote:

"irwell" wrote in message

[...]

Actually, if you can believe the photos on the site, the St.-Germain
location in Paris has Murphy beds.

GG