insane?

Old February 1st, 2006, 01:34 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default insane?

don't you think you're crazy to go to africa? there's wars, bugs and
diseases there! there's ebola!

~Mary Stewart
~Phil MacDouglass

Old February 1st, 2006, 07:14 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Many American people... want to make South Africa their home

"Phil MacDouglass" schreef in bericht
don't you think you're crazy to go to africa? there's wars, bugs and
diseases there! there's ebola!

~Mary Stewart
~Phil MacDouglass

Posted 24-Jan 2006
By Rebecca Rosenberg

Cape Town - More visitors from the United States and the United Kingdom are
applying for permanent residence and extended visas in South Africa,
according to local immigration experts.

Though statistics are not available, three busy immigration offices said
that they had noticed this trend. "Many American people... want to make
South Africa their home," said Rod Maxwell, CEO of SA Migration
International in Cape Town.

During the past year approximately 20 percent of his clients were American
and 10 percent British.

Though the number of tourists to South Africa from the UK has remained
consistently high during the past five years, there has been a 14 percent
rise in tourists from the US in the last year, according to Statistics South
Africa.
"The feedback from Americans is they feel the America Dream is in decline
and real estate is becoming too expensive," said Maxwell. Julian Pokroy,
chair of the Law Society of South Africa's Immigration and Refugee
Committee, receives a lot of feedback from immigration lawyers around the
country.

"The bulk of the Americans and English are single and they get caught up in
the South African economy and often marry South African partners and more
often than not apply for permanent residence," he said.

In addition to the trend of Americans and British citizens seeking long-term
residence in the country, the number of South Africans returning from
overseas continues to rise.

"Previously you would have seen South Africans who have been abroad for a
long time choosing to live with their foreign spouses, whereas now we're
starting to see that they are choosing South Africa as their destination,"
said Martine Schaffer of Homecoming Revolution, a non-profit organisation
that encourages the return of expatriates.

She said: "There are opportunities existing in South Africa now and with the
buoyant economy we have people who want to start their own businesses and
this is the ideal place to do that."

American Deborah Lowe married a South African living in the US and six
months ago they decided to immigrate to Cape Town. "We can live a much
better lifestyle on our income here than we could in America and we don't
have to work as hard for it. There is a better balance between work and
play," she said.

Source: www.iol.co.za

Apparantly they don't care...?

Bushregards,
Corné.

www.amukela.com

Old February 1st, 2006, 10:28 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

"Hans Schoelink" schreef in bericht
. ..

"Phil MacDouglass" wrote in message
don't you think you're crazy to go to africa? there's wars, bugs and
diseases there! there's ebola!

~Mary Stewart
~Phil MacDouglass

I smell a Troll....

They're everywhere....

Old February 1st, 2006, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

"Phil MacDouglass" wrote in message
don't you think you're crazy to go to africa? there's wars, bugs and
diseases there! there's ebola!

You very very bright person