Is Oxford st One way or Two way?

Old May 21st, 2007, 08:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnH[_2_]

Default Is Oxford st One way or Two way?

Another London query!
Can anyone advise me whether it is possible to drive a Car from Marble Arch
along Oxford st to
roundabout at intersection of Old& City Rds, heading towards Hackney.

The route I would be expecting to drive would be Oxford St New Oxford St
Bloomsbury Way Thedobold Road Clerkenwell Rd Old St around
roundabout
Old St Hackney Road.

Or would it be easier to go:

Up Edgeware road to the (A501) ie Marylebone road Euston Road
Pentonville road
City Road left at roundabout Old St Hackney road.

I am aware Oxford St is in London congestion zone and A501 is not, this is
irrelevent to my situation.
Oxford St would be more direct for if it is possible. Even looking with
Google earth,
some areas of Oxford St. are hard to determine situation

regards
John H

Old May 21st, 2007, 08:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

Following up to "JohnH" :

Or would it be easier to go:

It would be easier to go via Edinburgh than to drive along Oxford St.

--
Tim C.
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
The Reid

On Mon, 21 May 2007 17:15:54 +0930, "JohnH"
wrote:

Oxford st

Oxford Street is buses taxis only for most of its length
--
Mike Reid
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Patrick Wallace

wrote:

Another London query!
Can anyone advise me whether it is possible to drive a Car from Marble Arch
along Oxford st to
roundabout at intersection of Old& City Rds, heading towards Hackney.

No. You can't drive a car along Oxford St.

The route I would be expecting to drive would be Oxford St New Oxford St
Bloomsbury Way Thedobold Road Clerkenwell Rd Old St around
roundabout
Old St Hackney Road.

Or would it be easier to go:

Up Edgeware road to the (A501) ie Marylebone road Euston Road
Pentonville road
City Road left at roundabout Old St Hackney road.

Yes, that's where the cars are diverted to.

Old May 21st, 2007, 06:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

wrote:

Another London query!
Can anyone advise me whether it is possible to drive a Car from Marble
Arch
along Oxford st to
roundabout at intersection of Old& City Rds, heading towards Hackney.

No. You can't drive a car along Oxford St.

unless you are Michael O'Leary.

tim

Old May 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"tim....." kirjoitti

wrote:

Another London query!
Can anyone advise me whether it is possible to drive a Car from Marble
Arch
along Oxford st to
roundabout at intersection of Old& City Rds, heading towards Hackney.

No. You can't drive a car along Oxford St.

unless you are Michael O'Leary.

My maps suggest that parts of Oxford Street between Marble Arch and the
roundabout can be used by mobilists for eastward driving. None of them
suggests a route traversing on this road though (at least not by those
parameters I tested navigation between the two points).

Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
ti.fi...

My maps suggest that parts of Oxford Street between Marble Arch and the
roundabout can be used by mobilists for eastward driving. None of them
suggests a route traversing on this road though (at least not by those
parameters I tested navigation between the two points).

The only part of Oxford Street open to cars is the bit between Orchard
Street and Marble Arch westbound, and Marble Arch and Gloucester Place
eastbound.

Ian