This is possible to get thai visa on thai border checkpoint near vientiane ?

Old November 20th, 2006, 10:45 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Robcio

Default This is possible to get thai visa on thai border checkpoint near vientiane ?

This is possible to get thai visa on arrival on thai-lao border checkpoint
in Nong Khai near Vientiane ?

And haw much is lao-visa on arrival in huay xai ?

Old November 20th, 2006, 05:48 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

ask in www.barladies.com

Old November 21st, 2006, 06:42 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Jason Kester

Robcio wrote:
This is possible to get thai visa on arrival on thai-lao border checkpoint
in Nong Khai near Vientiane ?

Yes. Make sure you go all the way to the border to do it though. The
train station taxi drivers will try to drop you at a "tourist office" a
mile short of it, where you can buy your visa with an additional $15
surcharge tacked on.

Jason Kester
---
Get your own Travel Blog, with itinerary maps and photos!
http://www.blogabond.com/

Old November 21st, 2006, 11:37 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Jan[_1_]

Jason Kester wrote:
Robcio wrote:
This is possible to get thai visa on arrival on thai-lao border
checkpoint in Nong Khai near Vientiane ?

Yes. Make sure you go all the way to the border to do it though. The
train station taxi drivers will try to drop you at a "tourist office"
a mile short of it, where you can buy your visa with an additional $15
surcharge tacked on.

Jason Kester
---
Get your own Travel Blog, with itinerary maps and photos!
http://www.blogabond.com/

The information for crossing into Laos from Nong Khai ( Friendship bridge).
is correct- do not go to the "tourist office" just go straight to the
bridge.

However, The OP seems to be asking about a Thai visa.

Robcio, where are you from? AFAIK all EU passport holders will be allowed
into Thailand without any problem.

Jan

Old November 21st, 2006, 01:59 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Robcio

The information for crossing into Laos from Nong Khai ( Friendship
bridge). is correct- do not go to the "tourist office" just go straight to
the bridge.

However, The OP seems to be asking about a Thai visa.

Robcio, where are you from? AFAIK all EU passport holders will be allowed
into Thailand without any problem.

from Poland
I don't know why, but we must get visa befor travel to thailand or on
arrival only at thai airports (according thai ambassy in Poland, but also at
border checkpoints according to http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php#Visa and
http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2491 ).
This is very strange - we are in EU (the same problem is with Latvia, Czech,
Estonia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus) - cost of visa is 1000Bht in
thailand and about 25E in Warsaw paid for each thai border enter.
First I'm planing to enter thailand in phuket's airport and get visa on
arrival, and next after islands visit Laos and enter thai border second time
in Vientiane-Nong Khai. Thai ambasy in Poland inform me that there is
imposible to get visa on arrival at ALL border checkpoints and I have
problem

Old November 21st, 2006, 02:53 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Tchiowa

Robcio wrote:
[...]

So get a multi-entry tourist visa before you leave. All problems go
away.

Old November 21st, 2006, 02:59 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Robcio

So get a multi-entry tourist visa before you leave. All problems go
away.

I know, but I live in Poznan 300km west from warsaw. Thai ambasy takes visa
forms only from mon-fri 9:00 to 12:00 and it is possible to get passport
back after 3 days and only between 14:00-16:00
It's much easier to take visa on arrival