any 1 been to syria?

Old October 1st, 2007, 09:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
rama.travel.syria

Default any 1 been to syria?

hello every body just curious if any body here in this group ever been
to syria
whats the empressions of those who had?

Old October 1st, 2007, 01:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tile

rama.travel.syria wrote:
hello every body just curious if any body here in this group ever been
to syria
whats the empressions of those who had?

I have been to Syria last. year
My impression is

the country is very nice
with a lot of monuments and nice towns to visit

prices are reasonable
( lack of good hotels at reasonable prices outside damascus )

transport is good and cheap.

the only problems are :
fears of terrorist attacks
lack of any foreign newspapers
proximity with Lebanon and Israel
( sometimes the hate towards Israel is too strong.. I have seen Israeli
flags used as carpets at the entrances of Shops in damascus. passers by
were obliged to tread on these flags.. )
then I have seen with my eyes ayatollahs collecting money to support
rebel forces in Lebanon
and so on..
not to talk about TV programmes about the war in lebanon agiant Israeli
forces..

The procedure of visa is also very easy.
at the border if your country has no embassy of Syria..

did things change since last year ??

Old October 1st, 2007, 04:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:30:58 GMT, "tile" wrote:

rama.travel.syria wrote:
[...]

It would be great if all that tension in the Middle East could be
settled as there are some really great sites to visit,
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Doesn't Frequently Mop

Make credence recognised that on Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:15:07 -0700,
irwell has scripted:

It would be great if all that tension in the Middle East could be
settled as there are some really great sites to visit,

It's selfish to think along those lines, but it's just the way I see
it too. It won't happen in our lifetimes of course.

I am watching Burma very closely at the moment, coz that's a place
that I'd love to be able to travel round independently.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

[]
President Assad was on BBC World this evening speaking excellent English,
he comes across as more reasonable than most others in the region.

I heard his radio interview on the BBC World Service, which might have
been the same thing. He may be more reasonable than others, I don't
know- he didn't strike me as particularly reasonable though, and Syria
is trying as hard as anyone else (perhaps not as much as the Israelis
though) to screw up Lebanon. His wife is British born and raised FWIW.
Wiki says he only spent 20 months in the UK- that surprised me, I'd
assumed it was longer.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old October 2nd, 2007, 04:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_32_]

Doesn't Frequently Mop wrote:

Make credence recognised that on Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:15:07 -0700,
irwell has scripted:

It would be great if all that tension in the Middle East could be
settled as there are some really great sites to visit,

It's selfish to think along those lines, but it's just the way I see
it too. It won't happen in our lifetimes of course.

The only thing that's wrong with the Middle East are the inbred arabs and
moozlims that infest the area, DFM...the ONLY place that's half - way decent
in the whole Levant is Israel...they've made something of themselves.

The arabs have made TRILLIONS in petrodollars for the last 50 years but what
have they made of themselves...???

I am watching Burma very closely at the moment, coz that's a place
that I'd love to be able to travel round independently.

Interestingly, Burma until 1962 (when the military took over) was the most
advanced place in SE Asia...what happened...???

The Burmese as a people are all very "humanistic" gentle, and progressive
(remember Burmese UN chairman U Thant?)...same along the lines of the lovely
and civilised Cambodians, who incongruously spawned Pol Pot...

Go figger...

--
Best
Greg

Old October 2nd, 2007, 09:10 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
rama.travel.syria

On Oct 1, 1:56 am, "rama.travel.syria"
wrote:
hello every body just curious if any body here in this group ever been
to syria
whats the empressions of those who had?

lets leave poilitics asside people and telling u someting no terrorist
attaks would happen for that rarely happens. i my self been here
inside syria for 25 years never seen any thing of that or known a
person who would do that were not here to talk about middle east's
setuation leave it to politics .
i enjoy living here and i love kindness in people here all the citys
of syria iv seen them all they all have the life simplicity incommon.
lived in a village and loved the nature every day of my stay in it
the trees the grass and the fresh breez i loved
never had a fight in the street ((once i yelled on a guy staring at my
gf but thats it))
its not HEAVEN but its a heaven .
im looking towards making touristic groups to syria any 1
interested ???

Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
WorstGreatWestern

On 2 Oct, 04:34, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:
[...]

having met plenty of Israelis, I have no interest in visiting Israel.
Syrians though were hospitable to the last.

Go figger ...

Old October 2nd, 2007, 09:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
WorstGreatWestern

On 2 Oct, 22:10, Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:
Make credence recognised that on Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:50:28 -0700,
WorstGreatWestern has scripted:

On 2 Oct, 04:34, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:
Doesn't Frequently Mop wrote:
I am watching Burma very closely at the moment, coz that's a place
that I'd love to be able to travel round independently.

Interestingly, Burma until 1962 (when the military took over) was the most
advanced place in SE Asia...what happened...???

The Burmese as a people are all very "humanistic" gentle, and progressive
(remember Burmese UN chairman U Thant?)...same along the lines of the lovely
and civilised Cambodians, who incongruously spawned Pol Pot...

Go figger...

--
Best
Greg

having met plenty of Israelis, I have no interest in visiting Israel.
Syrians though were hospitable to the last.

Go figger ...

Oddly I've liked every Israeli I met. And every Jew for that matter.

Muslims are less consistent when view from this angle.
--
---
DFM -http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---