World's Grandest Liner Makes First Visit to NYC!

Old April 26th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Howie

Default World's Grandest Liner Makes First Visit to NYC!

Charles wrote:
In article t,
Benjamin Smith wrote:

What you have to do is come down to where she is appearing and just
listen to *regular* people's comments, not people that familiar with
cruising. They think of this ship as someting magnificent.

I haven't heard any regular people comment on the QM2. Top regular
people comments this weekend. The weathers great.

Seriously I have had many conversations on all kinds of subjects in the
last week with regular people and no one has mentioned the QM2.

As usual Charles, you are correct buddy. Spent a lot of time with
"regular people" (translation - sharp, fun, sentient folks) from New
York this weekend. My son, Adam, had a gig at Kenny's Castaway on
Bleeker & Thompson St. in the Village. Eileen and I were staying at the
New Westin Times Square (just returned this afternoon). From our corner
room on the 16th floor, we had clear view of the Hudson. Saw the Dawn
float by about 5:00 PM last night, and thought about the RTC folks on
that sailing. Missed all the hoopla surrounding the QM2 (fireworks,
etc.) cause we were at Adam's gig. None of the folks that I talked with
knew or cared anything about the QM2. Of course these were just trashy
folks (obvious from the fact that they hung with Eileen and me) who live
in Manhattan, and work as investment bankers, school principals, etc.

Howie

Old April 26th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Howie

BTW - Forgot to mention that our best friend, Linda, who volunteers as a
big apple guide (forget the exact title), had just finished escorting a
couple from the UK who had gotten off the QM2. They were not at all
impressed with the ship.

Howie

Old April 26th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Benjamin Smith

Howie wrote:

Charles wrote:

In article t,
Benjamin Smith wrote:

[...]

Your post says a lot, Howie. And it isn't sensitive or positive. Nor funny.

Ben S.

Howie

Old April 26th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Howie

You may be right. As a matter of fact, Linda did mention that the
couple much preferred the QE2. Sorry, I should have mentioned this.

Howie

Capt Mary Kidd wrote:
The message
from Howie contains these words:

BTW - Forgot to mention that our best friend, Linda, who volunteers as a
big apple guide (forget the exact title), had just finished escorting a
couple from the UK who had gotten off the QM2. They were not at all
impressed with the ship.

By far the majority of those aboard were indeed very impressed. Those
who weren't, were in the main QE2 fanatics who 'won't let go' and
whatever ship they were on, would not be the same as QE2

I was on the crossing to NYC and it was great. There are some rooms I
did not care for, others I loved. The service was top notch in the
Britannia; if reports of slow meals were indeed true from previous
reports, then socks have been pulled up dramatically.

It was a wonderful trip and a grand arrival in NYC. IMHO QE2 does not
come close to QM2. Worlds apart.

Old April 26th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Howie

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Howie wrote:

Charles wrote:

In article t,
Benjamin Smith wrote:

[...]

Thanks much, Ben.

Howie

"The people who had once bestowed commands, consulships, legions, and
all else now longs eagerly for just two things, bread and circus
games.." -- Juvenal, poet, upon observing the decline of the Roman empire.