Question about getting married on a cruise ship?

Old April 27th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Art

Default Question about getting married on a cruise ship?

Has anyone gotten married on a cruise ship or participated in one? Can you
care to comment on the setup of the wedding? Is it done entirely by the
cruiseline? How much do they charge for such a service?

Thanks

Old April 27th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Plasma

Here is a start from the Princess web site:
GETTING MARRIED?
Nothing is more romantic than a wedding at sea aboard Grand or Golden
Princess. The Hearts and Minds Wedding Chapel is the first wedding chapel at
sea. Please call 1-800-421-1700 for further details.

From Royal Caribbean:
The Wedding You've Always Dreamed Of
Choose a cruise to your dream destination, then select your ideal ceremony
from our list of complete wedding packages. We'll take care of the rest,
from arranging your flowers to arranging your champagne toast.
To purchase one of these romantic packages talk to your travel agent, or
call us at (888) WED-RCCL [(888) 933-7225].

From Carnival:
Your shipboard wedding package includes?.
.. Ceremony performed by a non-denominational officiant
.. Bridal bouquet with matching boutonniere for the groom
.. Sparkling wine & keepsake champagne flutes
.. Wedding cake with keepsake topper
.. Cake Cutting service and champagne toast
.. Wedding March music and photography service*
Packages from just $750.**
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T.../weddings.aspx

just go searching....

Old April 28th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Eileen Garland

We attended a wedding on the Carnival Legend a few months ago. The
bride said the arrangements had to be made through Carnival, though I
think it was it was actually some wedding planning company that did it.
At any rate, the wedding was simple but really beautifully done. I
was impressed.

Eileen

Old April 28th, 2004, 08:47 PM
RobinM

"Art" wrote in message news:eSnjc.270693$Ig.94674@pd7tw2no...
Has anyone gotten married on a cruise ship or participated in one? Can you
care to comment on the setup of the wedding? Is it done entirely by the
cruiseline? How much do they charge for such a service?

Thanks

Hi Art,

My husband and I were married in June 2002 on the Golden Princess and
it was a great, professionally planned experience every step of the
way. The weddings take place at sea, in international waters, so that
the laws of the country of the ship's registry apply (ours was near
the Greek Isles, on a Mediterranean cruise.)

In the Golden's case, Bermudian law applies, which requires a
notification of the upcoming wedding to be posted in their newspaper,
which Princess handles after you fill out a form and send it in to
them. They also have a checklist that you use to pick out what kind
of flowers, music (taped music, pianist or string quartet) and cake
you want. We went with the top package - I think it was about $2000.

When we arrived on board, we had an invitation waiting for us to meet
with the senior purser, who was in charge of the details of our
ceremony, and who we got to know quite well. She was wonderful, and
even suggested some changes to our checklist based on her previous
experiences with other weddings.

One of the things we really found impressive was the photography. It
was just the two of us, and they took pictures of us all over the ship
- in the captain's chair, the somewhat trite but romantic "Titanic"
shot looking out onto the water, as well as portrait photos in color
and black and white. We got the pictures back the next day, and got
the chance to pick out which would go into the album while sipping a
drink by the pool with some new friends we'd made. Then, we had the
opportunity to buy all of the pictures and the negatives for $750,
which I thought was great. On land, you can't even buy the negatives
for any price, usually.

We loved it and would have done it the same way again in a heartbeat.
There was a couple we met who renews their vows every year on Princess
cruises, so they obviously would do it again as well!

Any questions, just email me and I'll be happy to answer.

Robin
Old April 29th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Jo-Ann

My husband and I were married onboard a cruise ship. The cruise line
(Carnival) has their own wedding company, and they took care of
everything, right down to obtaining a Florida marriage license for us.

We got married in the Port of Miami on the ship before it sailed. We
had 52 family/friends in attendance; all except four sailed with us.
I would do it all over again without hesitation (except that I really
like this husband, and plan on keeping him!!!).

The price is dependent upon which package you select. We opted for
the ceremony and 1 1/2 hour open bar/hot and cold appetizers. It was
very well done, with excellent choices for appetizers. I thought
everything was handled beautifully. Really no complaints.

You can contact the cruise lines for specific information.

Jo-Ann