Europeans flying on holiday - hysterical !

Old June 8th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Des Small

Default Europeans flying on holiday - hysterical !

[Cross-post snipped]

"Gene Seibel" writes:

An airplane isn't a restaurant. An airplane isn't a movie theater. An
airplane is a way to get from point A to point B in a reasonable amount
of time and at reasonable cost. Most people see it as such.

In fact everyone shares my opinion, if you ignore the people who
don't.

Des
Old June 8th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Des Small wrote:

[Cross-post snipped]

"Gene Seibel" writes:

An airplane isn't a restaurant. An airplane isn't a movie theater. An
airplane is a way to get from point A to point B in a reasonable amount
of time and at reasonable cost. Most people see it as such.

In fact everyone shares my opinion, if you ignore the people who
don't.

Except the lurkers.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old June 8th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Padraig Breathnach" wrote in message
Des Small wrote:

[Cross-post snipped]

"Gene Seibel" writes:

An airplane isn't a restaurant. An airplane isn't a movie theater. An
airplane is a way to get from point A to point B in a reasonable amount
of time and at reasonable cost. Most people see it as such.

In fact everyone shares my opinion, if you ignore the people who
don't.

Except the lurkers.

and the French tennis player in the broom cupboard with Mixi.

Old June 8th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Steve M

d_jay_double wrote:

I fly BA over ryanair anytime, as long as I can book early enough to
keep prices reasonable. Even if the difference is sometimes close to a
100 pounds, I fly so often that I just can't stand the rush for seats
on ryanair, the cramped seating, the pay through your nose for a
sandwich syndrome....

I flew BA for the first time this year from Gatwick to Porto. I paid £69
for the flight, and it was my first non low-cost flight. To be perfectly
honest, given a low-cost alternative flying the same route, I'd use the
low-cost every time given a cheaper price of _any_ amount. On a 1-2 hour
flight, I don't feel I get good value from paying £40 extra for a small
snack box and a complimentary newspaper. Of course, my first long-haul
flight will probably change my views!

Cheers,

Steve M