Electrical devices in Asia

Old December 9th, 2008, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
namelessuser

Default Electrical devices in Asia

Hey guys,

I've recently returned from a trip to Vietnam and bought myself a
pretty nifty karaoke machine and amp! The machine holds over 30000
songs in it! But now, back in Australia, I realize that the karaoke
machine and the amp both specify a 220V power supply! Australia's
voltage is 240V. Does that mean I need to buy some sort of converter?
I'm so tempted to just plug it in and see what happens, but I should
ask you experts first. What do you guys reckon?

--
namelessuser
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old December 9th, 2008, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , namelessuser
says...

I've recently returned from a trip to Vietnam and bought myself a
pretty nifty karaoke machine and amp! The machine holds over 30000
songs in it! But now, back in Australia, I realize that the karaoke
machine and the amp both specify a 220V power supply! Australia's
voltage is 240V. Does that mean I need to buy some sort of converter?
I'm so tempted to just plug it in and see what happens, but I should
ask you experts first. What do you guys reckon?

Should be no problem.
--

Alfred Molon
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:12 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Thomas Endt[_2_]

"namelessuser" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

Hey guys,

I've recently returned from a trip to Vietnam and bought myself a
pretty nifty karaoke machine and amp! The machine holds over 30000
songs in it! But now, back in Australia, I realize that the karaoke
machine and the amp both specify a 220V power supply! Australia's
voltage is 240V. Does that mean I need to buy some sort of converter?
I'm so tempted to just plug it in and see what happens, but I should
ask you experts first. What do you guys reckon?

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity

Look out for the tolerances of the mains voltages.

cu, Thomas

Old December 12th, 2008, 09:31 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
gracey

namelessuser;2003143 Wrote:
Hey guys,

I've recently returned from a trip to Vietnam and bought myself a
pretty nifty karaoke machine and amp! The machine holds over 30000
songs in it! But now, back in Australia, I realize that the karaoke
machine and the amp both specify a 220V power supply! Australia's
voltage is 240V. Does that mean I need to buy some sort of converter?
I'm so tempted to just plug it in and see what happens, but I should
ask you experts first. What do you guys reckon?

Countries like US has 110-120v power supply and Philippines and other
parts of Asia has 220-240v. I think Australia has 220-240v too so I
think you are safe. Just to be on the safe side, pls check your other
appliances if its 240v only or does it says 220-240v.

--
gracey
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com