Aussie jailed for bar mat theft

Old May 21st, 2009, 12:12 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
Viviane

Default Aussie jailed for bar mat theft

They do have a website although not sure why - most of their "readers" don't
seem like the sort of people who would seek out news between editions of the
paper!

"Gerrit" wrote in message

"Viviane" wrote in message
. au...
Ah - you've obviously read today's Daily Telegraph (Sydney).

I live in Albany WA and have never even seen the Daily Telegraph so any
similarity is purely coincidental.
I will look up their website (if they have one that is) to see what they
said.

Gerrit

Old May 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
Viviane

The Tele is at:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/

Their home page is having a meltdown as the woman has just arrived back in
Aust. No doubt the paper edition tomorrow will be awash with news of her.
I'm sure all the "current affairs" progs on commercial channels will be
queuing up to interview her - cheque books in hand.

wrote in message
On May 20, 5:59 pm, "Viviane" wrote:
Ah - you've obviously read today's Daily Telegraph (Sydney).

G'day Viviane,

Fantastic to hear from you on SCT again and hope you and your family
are doing great! Viviane I am just wondering if you would have a link
to the particular newspaper you mention? I have been following THIS
story very closely and would very much like TO read any further pieces
written about it. I am currently putting together a scrapbook that
will list all hard copy articles written as well as printouts OF any
online references. I am then hoping to have it made into a lovely
memento I can then send down to Melbourne to the lady concerned. If
you could provide me with a link to the online newspaper I would be
very grateful.

Kind regards and have a lovely evening,
Brian

Old May 21st, 2009, 01:38 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
Good Soldier Schweik[_3_]

On Thu, 21 May 2009 21:15:49 +1000, "Viviane"
wrote:

The Tele is at:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/

Their home page is having a meltdown as the woman has just arrived back in
Aust. No doubt the paper edition tomorrow will be awash with news of her.
I'm sure all the "current affairs" progs on commercial channels will be
queuing up to interview her - cheque books in hand.

I wonder whether she will be inclined to make a contributions to one
of the various charities in Phuket... "Soi dogs" comes to mind - they
take care of stray dogs ( It seems appropriate somehow).

After all without the Royal Thai Police she would never have gained
her 5 minutes of fame.

wrote in message
On May 20, 5:59 pm, "Viviane" wrote:
Ah - you've obviously read today's Daily Telegraph (Sydney).

G'day Viviane,

Fantastic to hear from you on SCT again and hope you and your family
are doing great! Viviane I am just wondering if you would have a link
to the particular newspaper you mention? I have been following THIS
story very closely and would very much like TO read any further pieces
written about it. I am currently putting together a scrapbook that
will list all hard copy articles written as well as printouts OF any
online references. I am then hoping to have it made into a lovely
memento I can then send down to Melbourne to the lady concerned. If
you could provide me with a link to the online newspaper I would be
very grateful.

Kind regards and have a lovely evening,
Brian

Cheers,