Paris (Charles de Gaulle) direct to nearby chateaux/wine country?

Old June 16th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Adriano

Default Paris (Charles de Gaulle) direct to nearby chateaux/wine country?

I am arriving in August in Paris (Charles de Gaulle) and would like to
take a train directly to see a vineyard for one night, then return to
the airport to pick up my wife and proceed into Paris.

Any ideas for a nice, easy-to-reach vineyard close to Charles de
Gaulle, via train or bus. Approx. 1.5 hour travel max for me (as I
will be flying in from Montreal and will be somewhat tired).

Thanks!

Old June 17th, 2004, 09:02 AM
j.e.r.

(Adriano) wrote in message m...
I am arriving in August in Paris (Charles de Gaulle) and would like to
take a train directly to see a vineyard for one night, then return to
the airport to pick up my wife and proceed into Paris.

Any ideas for a nice, easy-to-reach vineyard close to Charles de
Gaulle, via train or bus. Approx. 1.5 hour travel max for me (as I
will be flying in from Montreal and will be somewhat tired).

With the exception of some tiny vineyards like the one
in Montmartre
http://www.quid.fr/departements.html...2&zoom=1&stp=1
I doubt you will find "nice" vineyards less than 1.5 hours
from Paris Charles-de-Gaule airport.

The nearest major vine producing areas are Champagne, Loire
and Bourgogne some 1:11 (for Paris-Est - Epernay) to more
than 2 hours but from the respective train station in Paris
to a major city (using TGV or other fast trains)
http://vin-de-france.net/vdf/carte_france/index.html

A few fast trains start at Charles-De-Gaule airport railway
station directly to Bordeaux for example (but 4 hours)
or with only one or two train changes to cities in major
wine-producing regions - but take mostly more than 2 hours.

And then you will probably have to commute to smaller
villages using regional train or bus service (or better
rent a car).

IMHO you better extend the travel range to 4 hours .....
Old June 17th, 2004, 02:38 PM
JX Bardant

"Pan" wrote in message ...
Maybe Reims/Eperney in the Champagne region?

Pan

Sinon vous pouvez essayer de sauter en parachute...

Old June 19th, 2004, 03:42 PM
david

if you like travel by TGV, try the north west of france.
Mont st Michel, Cancale(oisters), St malo. brittany is the capital of the cider
(apples drink)
I find a tour company in Bretagne from Rennes. recommended!
www.minibus-tours.com