Carnival has a one day Sale tomorrow

Old May 25th, 2006, 02:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Carnival has a one day Sale tomorrow

I got this from our lead cruise agent today. I checked on sailing on
the conquest in January and she was able to upgrade me from the lowest
deck to the second to highest deck. This sale is going to kick butt.
Just thought I would let you know.

Tomorrow, Thursday, May 25, is your chance to spend less and get a
whole lot more this summer as Carnival hosts our biggest One Day Sale
ever.

You can save up to $500 and receive a FREE best available stateroom
upgrade* when you book virtually any "Fun Ship" cruise -- including
summer sailings -- departing before February 11, 2007.

Remember, this extra special sale lasts for one day only. Make sure you
book Thursday.

*Savings are based on a double occupancy, per stateroom and based on
supersaver rates. Maximum savings of $250 per person. Cruise rates are
in U.S. dollars, per person and are based on category 4A. Fare code
must be requested to receive promotion Government taxes and fees are
additional for all guests. Offer is non-transferable and has no cash
value. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any
other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any
time without prior notice. Upgrades available in categories 4A-8I.
Excludes categories 1A/7A/6E/9A/11/12/IS/OV/BL/ST. Best available
stateroom upgrades available within like cabin categories (Interior to
Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview and Balcony to Balcony). Oceanview
upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Pride, Miracle or Legend.
Balcony upgrade not available on Carnival Liberty Europe sailings.
Offer excludes all Alaska, Hawaii and July through December sailings on
the Carnival Pride. Valid on new individual bookings made on May 24-25,
2006 for sailings through 02/11/07. Excludes New Year's sailings and
some other holidays. Other sail dates in range slightly higher.
Blackout dates apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category
availability) apply. Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and
guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebooked during this
period are not eligible. Request fare code CP1S. Ships' Registry:
Panama & The Bahamas.

TheCruiseSource.com
508 N Truman, Suite J
Crystal City, MO 63019
www.thecruisesource.com

If you feel that you have received this e-mail in error, or would like
to be removed,
please reply to this e-mail with the word REMOVE in the subject line.

©2006 Carnival Cruise Lines

Old May 25th, 2006, 03:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I am sorry. I did not mean to offend. I thought everyone might like to
know about Carnival's one day sale tomorrow. I'll try to add more
productive information in the future.

Jason

Old May 25th, 2006, 03:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

JTrue24 wrote:

I am sorry. I did not mean to offend. I thought everyone might like to
know about Carnival's one day sale tomorrow. I'll try to add more
productive information in the future.

Jason

I thought your post was fine, and didn't consider it to be "blatant
advertising". If I had been considering a Carnival cruise in the near
future, I would have been thanking you for the heads up.

Ermalee
Old May 25th, 2006, 03:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Tom K wrote:
Blatant advertising is not permitted at rec.travel.cruises by charter.

--Tom

Tom, I disagree. That was not blatant advertising, IMHO.
While the information was from a travel agent, it had some
potential benefit to everybody. I don't recall reading that
the offer was limited to just that one person or that it was
even implied. For goodness sake, people, lighten up. Have
you considered that perhaps I and others might have KEARNED
something about a cruise that would inspire someone to call
George and tell him, "Book xxx, for me, I hear there's a
sale going on?"

Nonnymus
Old May 25th, 2006, 03:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

JTrue24 wrote:
I am sorry. I did not mean to offend. I thought everyone might like to
know about Carnival's one day sale tomorrow. I'll try to add more
productive information in the future.

Jason

Jason, you did us a service by letting us know of the sale.
Please, don't let one person scare you off. Please, keep
up the flow of information as long as it isn't a direct
solicitation for your agency. There has been some rather
raw feelings here among a few people; don't let the words of
a minority keep the rest of us from learning about specials
that might be of benefit.

Nonnymus
Old May 25th, 2006, 03:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Tom, I don't really consider this advertising. It is very good
information for someone who might be thinking of booking a Carnival
cruise in the near future. The OP wasn't saying "book with me" and his
sig. line was within what is accepted acording to our charter.

sue

Tom K wrote:
Blatant advertising is not permitted at rec.travel.cruises by charter.

--Tom

oups.com...

Old May 25th, 2006, 04:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I would like to fit into
this group. Cruising is a major hobby for me and my wife. This is the
first time that I have ever tried usenet type groups. I appreciate Tom
making the details of this group clear.

Jason

Old May 25th, 2006, 04:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Tom

What's the problem? He is doing nothing more than what Ray does several
times daily.
It's nice to see other agents getting there sig promoted while
providing us with great info.

Old May 25th, 2006, 05:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:
Blatant advertising is not permitted at rec.travel.cruises by charter.

--Tom

Tom, I disagree. That was not blatant advertising, IMHO.

I thought it was. Still do.

While the information was from a travel agent, it had some potential
benefit to everybody. I don't recall reading that the offer was limited
to just that one person or that it was even implied. For goodness sake,
people, lighten up. Have you considered that perhaps I and others might
have KEARNED something about a cruise that would inspire someone to call
George and tell him, "Book xxx, for me, I hear there's a sale going on?"

Nonnymus

What's a KEARNED? That sound like something out of My Cousin Vinny...

PS.... I thought if you wanted to book xxx (one of those ships with an X on
the funnel), George sent you to Lori... vbg

--Tom