Diamond Princess Arrives at LA!

Old March 10th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Diamond Princess Arrives at LA!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Princess and thought it would be of
interest. I am looking forward to being on her tomorrow. If you have
missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Diamond Princess Arrives at Port of Los Angeles

Largest Cruise Ship to Sail on West Coast Debuts with March 13
Inaugural Voyage

SANTA CLARITA, CA March 10, 2004
Princess' largest and most amenity-filled vessel yet, Diamond
Princess, arrives at the Port of Los Angeles today, becoming the
largest cruise ship based at the port -- and to sail on the West
Coast.
The 116,000-ton, 2,670-passenger vessel was built by Mitsubishi Heavy
Industries (MHI) in Nagasaki, Japan. It departed from the shipyard on
February 27 and has been sailing across the Pacific for its maiden
voyage on March 13. The ship will be based in Los Angeles through
April, offering week-long roundtrip Mexican Riviera cruises.

Diamond Princess represents a new generation of cruise ship design,
which expands upon the company's extraordinarily popular Grand
Princess-class vessels, offers new dining options, more spacious
facilities and a wide range of amenities. Among the vessel's many new
features are its innovative themed main dining rooms. Passengers will
find a total of five main dining rooms on board -- one traditional
fixed-seating dining room and the four smaller themed restaurants for
those choosing Princess' Anytime Dining option, the Vivaldi (Italian
cuisine), Sterling (steakhouse), Santa Fe (Southwestern) and Pacific
Moon (Asian) dining rooms.

In addition, Diamond Princess will feature the wide array of options
that passengers have come to expect from Princess, including one of
the largest Internet Cafes at sea, special facilities just for kids,
and multiple show lounges including an exciting new venue, Club
Fusion, a multi-function, high-tech space that serves as a dance club,
cabaret theater and gaming room. In addition, couples can get married
on board in the ship's wedding chapel as part of the only program
where the ship's captain conducts ceremonies at sea. Guests who wish
to pamper themselves will love the extensive Lotus Spa with its
Asian-based treatments and therapies, plus fully equipped fitness
center.

Diamond Princess will depart from Los Angeles until May 1, when it
travels to Seattle for seven-day roundtrip Alaska Inside Passage
sailings. The ship will return to Southern California in September to
resume its Mexican Riviera program.

One of the best-known names in North American cruising, Princess
Cruises is a global cruise and tour company. Part of Carnival
Corporation (NYSE:CCL), its current fleet of 12 ships sail on
approximately 150 different itineraries around the globe, calling at
more than 260 ports on all seven continents. By 2006 a further three
ships will be introduced. Additional information is available through
a professional travel agent.

Princess Cruises is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines.
Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland
America, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The Yachts
of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment
to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of
lifestyles and budgets. Together we offer exciting and enriching
cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.

Old March 10th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Don & Lynn

Tomorrow we pack. Friday to the LA Harbor Sheraton, dinner at the great
Mexican restaurant next door and then board the Diamond on Saturday for 14
great days. The weather turned warm this week so the many pools should be
great. We are platinum now so we will have a great time in the Internet Cafe
greeting our friends from Mexico..

Old March 10th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Don & Lynn

I should have said send our friends " Greeting from Mexico". We send
"Greetings from Alaska" last September on the Coral Princess and people got
a kick out of it.

Old March 10th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Gayle A Kortright

Hey Ray -
Do me a favor if you get the chance. Check out E712 - three of us will
be in that cabin come May 22. 72 days from today Yay!!!

Thanks
Gayle

Old March 10th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Gayle A Kortright

Have a great cruise and be sure to post a review. I (and two others)
will be on her in May headed for Alaska

Gayle

Old March 11th, 2004, 08:41 AM
JLP20

Tomorrow we pack. Friday to the LA Harbor Sheraton, dinner at the great
Mexican restaurant next door and then board the Diamond on Saturday for 14
great days

As I have stated in the past, we will be joining you on board on 3/20.

We also plan to go down to San Pedro on the 13Th and watch the diamond move out
at 5PM. As custom, there is a resturaunt in Ports O Call that hails the cruise
ships as they go by. This is where we will be, digital camera in hand. If you
have a plan in place as to where on the ship you will be, I will point the
camera in that area as the ship passes.....
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
Old March 11th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Steve Hayes

I have an invitation for lunch and tour today of her. Plan on having a
great time. Great primer for when I cruise on her in December.
Steve Hayes

Old March 11th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Arthur

Default Diamond Princess Arrives at LA! (Attention: KTLA Viewers)

Ray Goldenberg wrote, in part::

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Princess and thought it would be of
interest. I am looking forward to being on her tomorrow. If you have
missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my web site.

Hi, Ray.

Should have realized you'd be on that initial sailing. My TA (who got
us on the 3/27 Diamond) will be on it as well.

Thought about posting the following in its own thread (and may yet do
so), but decided to put it here. Those of us who have access to KTLA will
want to watch the Morning News between 7 and 9 Pacific time tomorrow
morning. They will have a segment on the Diamond.

Arthur (1/13/03 Coral Princess to the Canal, 6/2/03 HAL Volendam to
Alaska, 3/27/04 Diamond Princess)

--
There are no x's in my true address.

Old March 12th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Steve Hayes

I am not a travel agent or even have relatives who are.

If you are a Platinum or Elite member and filled out the online info
such as areas that you are wanting to cruise and filled out the e-mail
address, then there are e-mail specials and/or invitations that
Princess sends to you.

Last year I toured the Pacific Princess (Prior Ren ship) while in port
in Los Angeles, because I received an e-mail invitation.

Btw just got back home about an hour ago. The ship is great. I liked
the Star Princess when I sailed on her Feb,2003. This ship has some
very nice enhancements over the Star, a few of which follow:
The forward facing cabins with large deep balconies that are partially
covered and partially open.
New wake view bar.
5 individualized restaurants (1 set seating and 4 PC dining)onboard
vs. the 3
restaurants (1 set seating and 2 PC dining) on the Star Princess.
A balcony extending almost the full width of the aft facing disco.
Cabins/mini-suites-most aft units on each side of ship have larger
balconies (especially Emerald Deck.-some of them are even angled 9Baja
deck). You would have to see them.
The cabins on the aft of ship have balconies partially covered and not
completely open to above.
Still do not like:
Cabins on Dolphin Deck have balconies totally open to above decks just
like Grand Class ships.

Steve Hayes

ando (RTCReferee) wrote in message ...
(Steve Hayes) wrote:

I have an invitation for lunch and tour today of her. Plan on having a great
time. Great primer for when I cruise on her in December.

Are you a travel agent? If not, how did you get the invitation and from whom?